modeless form requires an extra click to move or resize

Started by jmaeding, April 21, 2010, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmaeding

This might be related to the keep focus property, but I am not dealing with palettes, just forms.
I have the keepfocus prop set to true for the forms i am doing.
When the mouse first enters the form, the title bar goes blue and I can move/resize the form.
When I move the mouse off, the title stays blue and I can type in textboxes and all, prettymuch what i want.
The only odd thing is when the mouse enters again, I must click on the form to get the resize arrow or abulity to move by dragging the title bar.  It seems like that is improper behavior, as things with focus normally do not lose functionality just because the mouse has gone off them for a second.
It fools you into thinking you can move a form over, then makes you do a double take when it does not move, rather odd.  Any way around this?
thx

BazzaCAD

Can you post your example code?
Are you using (dcl_setcmdbarfocus) as Fred suggested?
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs
barryDOTralphsATgmailDOTcom

jmaeding

I am not using that currently.
I read many posts on it and do not understand how it should help.
I get that it sets focus to the acad command line, and I have used it for that, but that seems unrelated.
I want the modeless I have to keep complete focus and functionality with mouse on or off.
There really is no code, just show a modeless that is resizable, move the mouse off the form, and back on, you cannot resize it without clicking on the form.
Maybe I misunderstood the dcl_setcmdbarfocus, I'll read some more.

owenwengerd

I've fixed the problem for the modeless dialog. I'm screwing around with palettes and control bars too to see if I can improve the behavior of those as well.

jmaeding