Label Text not updating?

Started by Hypersonic, December 01, 2009, 07:18:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hypersonic

I have a button that when pushed it updates the below label.... but it keeps writing text on top of text...

the resulting screen shot is after clicking through what should print "Retainer group no. 1" then "Retainer group no. 2" , then
"Retainer group no. 3", then "Retainer group no. 4"

but the 1,2,3, 4 all get piled up on top of one another......

This was my code....
   (dcl_Control_SetCaption Parametrics_grouping_setup_Label2 (strcat "Retainer group no. " (itoa ret_group_no)))

and I even tried this to attempt to clear it out.. nothing worked...
(dcl_Control_SetCaption Parametrics_grouping_setup_Label2 " ")
  (dcl_Control_SetCaption Parametrics_grouping_setup_Label2 (strcat "Retainer group no. " (itoa ret_group_no)))

Any thoughts? This is the first time I have seen this happen.....

Hypersonic

Switched to 5.XX stable version, and the problem goes away...... I think I will stick with that for a while. :)

Kerry

Hypersonic

I assume your test was with 5.0.0.15 ?

just for interest, try 6.0.0.9
Perfection is not optional.
My other home is TheSwamp

Kerry

Could you try this please.

aside for Owen: Note the CheckBox2 Control does not display (contained in a rectangle Control in a Frame)

Code (autolisp) Select

;; Test Code
;; 20091111 kdub@home
;; modified: add OnInitialize : 20091201 kdub@home
;; modified: add Runtime Caption : 20091201 kdub@home
;; modified: add textIncrementer : 20091202 kdub@home

(vl-load-com)
;|<<Main>>|;

;; GLOBAL VARIABLE
(or gvar:testIncrementValue (setq gvar:testIncrementValue 0))
;;

(defun c:doit2 () (c:Test60012b))

;;----------------------------------------------------------------
(defun c:Test60012b (/ DialogReturn)
  (command "_OPENDCL")
  (dcl_Project_Load "kdub60012b.odcl" T)
  ;; Show the main form
  (setq DialogReturn (dcl_Form_Show kdub60012b_Main))
  ;;------
  (princ)
)
;|<<Support>>|;

;|<<OpenDCL Event Handlers>>|;
(defun c:kdub60012b_Main_OnInitialize (/)
  (dcl_Control_SetCaption kdub60012b_Main_RuntimeBuild (dcl_GetVersionEx))
  (dcl_Control_SetCaption kdub60012b_Main_TextValue
                          (strcat "TextValue : " (itoa gvar:testIncrementValue))
  )
)
;;-----------
(defun c:kdub60012b_Main_TextButton6_OnClicked (/)
  (dcl_Control_SetCaption
    kdub60012b_Main_TextValue
    (strcat "TextValue : "
            (itoa (setq gvar:testIncrementValue (1+ gvar:testIncrementValue)))
    )
  )
)
;;-----------
;;-----------
(princ " << Enter DOIT2 or 'Test60012b' command to run >> \n")

Hypersonic

I was going to try the 6.0.0.9 but see nothing other than 6.0.0.15 and 5.xxxx in the downloads...
I will be happy to try, if you can tell me where to download it...

I will try that other code now...

Hypersonic

I tested in 5.xx worked fine
I tested in 6.0.0.12 and it did the same as my routine did..... piled up the numbers....

owenwengerd

Kerry, I'm a bit confused about where exactly we're at with these display issues. Your example of the check box inside a rectangle is not necessarily a bug.  The only way to guarantee that it displays "on top of" the rectangle is to give it a transparent background and the rectangle a non-transparent background.  If both controls meet the condition, then it's a bug and I'll need to investigate.

Kerry

Owen,
In the editor [6.0.0.15], If the Rectangle is other than Transparent, the Checkbox will not show in the Editor (It will sometimes show momentarily when the control has focus, after/during clicking ... )

Piccy Descriptions :
In Runtime 6.0.0.15. When both transparent, Checkbox wont show untill mouseover control position .... Similar to the textButton on a Tab page.

In Runtime 6.0.0.15. When Checkbox transparent and rectangle Color 2, The Checkbox displays with a button colored backbround

In Runtime 5.1.2.3 and 6.0.0.9. When both transparent, Show as expected.

In Runtime 5.1.2.3 and 6.0.0.9. When Checkbox transparent and rectangle Color 2, The Checkbox displays with a button colored background

Hope these attached snapshots help.

I don't imagine this combination will occur very often.
My main concern is the controls on the Tab pages not displaying, which occurs in all Runtimes from 6.0.0.10 to 6.0.0.15

owenwengerd

Kerry, from your description, I think the check box and rectangle are behaving as designed.  In the current scheme, I have accepted that the painting order of overlapping controls cannot be reliably controlled, unless one of them is transparent.  If one is transparent, it should always be drawn last.  Furthermore, a transparent control should be drawn not really transparent, but with the same background color as the form that owns it.

I'm not sure yet what is going on with controls on tab pages, but apparently the change I made in Alpha 15 causes this new problem.

Kerry

Thanks Owen, I understand the explaination.

The Issue with the Controls on Tab Controls has been there since 6.0.0.10  I didn't really test .10 or .11, so picked it up in .12

For your info, The OptionButton and CheckBox controls display correctly on the Tab page in all Runtimes.

Regards

andrew

im having this same issue.

im using vers 6.0.0.14

should i revert back to 5.x?

Kerry

I'd use either 5.1.2.3 OR 6.0.0.9 for production Work.

Owen,
can we make 5.0.0.9 available in the Archive Downloads.

If we can, I'll write some notes for my Swap_ODCL_Runtime routine and make it public.

andrew

i installed 6.0.0.15 and mine work

owenwengerd

I don't want to encourage the use of outdated development builds, otherwise I won't get the needed bug reports during development.