OtionList question

Started by velasquez, February 19, 2010, 05:30:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

velasquez

Is it possible to remove the mark of the selection of an item of OptionList? 
In OptionButton this mark doesn't exist.

Fred Tomke

Hi, as far as I remember (somebody may correct me), this is controlled by the SetAnchorIndex method in ListBoxes.
So maybe the question is: wouldn't it be good for consistency of OpenDCL controls to provide such methods like GetAnchorIndex, GetTopIndex, SetAnchorIndex, SetTopIndex for ListBoxes as well as for ListViews, DWGList, BlockList and OptionList? Just a thought of mine, I may be wrong... But if so, we should add it as a feature request.

Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

owenwengerd

The anchor index is the base item for a multiple selection. Since the optionlist control doesn't support multiple selection, it would not make sense to set the anchor index. It would be easy to not paint the focus rectangle, but that focus rectangle serves an important function for keyboard only users.

velasquez

This doesn't seem to be important with OptionButton. 
The selection of the item shows more than the rectangle.

owenwengerd

Why do you think it is not important?

velasquez

It is just my thought. 
I believe that the Item just selected it is already enough to show this. 
In this case I will continue working with OptionButton.

BazzaCAD

Quote from: velasquez on February 19, 2010, 11:32:28 AM
It is just my thought. 
I believe that the Item just selected it is already enough to show this. 
In this case I will continue working with OptionButton.

velasquez, this doesn't mean that the item was selected, it means that it has focus...
If you look at the Acad Options window vid. below you'll see that it does the same thing, both when you pick & when you use the keyboard.

Owen, I think I found a small bug because of this topic. Note in my vids, the last picked item has the focus box around it even when you keyboard away from it..
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs
barryDOTralphsATgmailDOTcom

owenwengerd

I can't reproduce the focus rectangle painting problem in Windows 7 / AutoCAD 2010.

BazzaCAD

Ya this was on Win XP, Acad2008.
Oh ya prob. on 5.1.2.3, I'll check v6...
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs

BazzaCAD

OK you're right. In 6.0.0.22 I don't have the focus box issue anymore.

But now I see a new issue (or one I thought we visited before).
Now the OptionsLists keep repainting themselves as I pass the mouse over them & they get darker & darker...
WinXP, Acad2008 & Acad2010, Default XP theme
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs

BazzaCAD

hmmm never mind, I think it's just something wrong with that Messagebox Demo file.
I even tried it on Win7 Acad2010 & I still get that darkening effect, but when I run one of my newer projects with OptionsLists in it, they're fine..
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs

owenwengerd

I have the same problem with the message box demo. I think it's some combination of anti-aliasing and overlapping controls (in this case the frame) that causes it, but I have never been able to solve it.