AutoLISP Routine with OpenDCL Dialog Box Install

Started by eptownie1988, September 17, 2009, 04:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eptownie1988

I was wondering how I might Distribute an AutoLISP routine that utilizes an Open DCL dialog Box.  Is there an installation routine that is available that will load all necessary files on the recipients computer and not have to worry about loading anything separately?  Any information would be very helpful.

BazzaCAD

You can check out this tutorial that shows how to deploy the OpenDCL run-time & include your Lsp with it.
http://www.opendcl.com/tutorials/IS_Tutorial.pdf
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs
barryDOTralphsATgmailDOTcom

eptownie1988

That seems like a great tool.  I only have one further question.  I tried version 4.0 I believe and at that time a user needed to load and run the msi file on the computer in order for the dialog box to function.  Is this still the case or does this installer perform that function so the user just can get down to business with the new routine?

owenwengerd

The tutorial demonstrates how to deploy the OpenDCL Runtime with your application so that it is installed automatically along with your application. The tutorial does not address setting up your application to load automatically.

truevis

Is there a way for a client to use one's app without having to run an EXE or MSI?

I'd like to send my client just the LSP, ARX, ODCL, etc. files.

owenwengerd

Quote from: truevis on September 29, 2016, 10:35:58 AM
Is there a way for a client to use one's app without having to run an EXE or MSI?

No, at a minimum they must install OpenDCL Runtime via MSI file. It's technically possible to manually perform the file copying operations so that everything loads and runs, but it's practically impossible to manually maintain the system product installation database to ensure that your app cooperates with other OpenDCL apps on the same system.

Regards