Help with error.

Started by MiD-AwE, October 31, 2013, 08:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiD-AwE

Hi all,
Can anyone tell me what this error is referring to?

error: ads_defun fails: <name num rc>: C:CNTRL-PNL_CPL-CAD_LANDSCAPESUPERINTENDENTTEXTBOX_ONRETURNPRESSED 3971 3

OR, where can I look up this error?

Thank you.

owenwengerd

I have no idea. Which application is this?

MiD-AwE

OpenDCL Studio 7.0.1.1
On
AutoCAD 2013
Windows 7 64bit

------
I reduced the command length from:
LandscapeSuperintendentTextBox
to:
LSuperintendentTextBox

It seems to be working without error now. Is there a known limit to control names?

Thank you

owenwengerd

There is a 250-ish character limit on the command line buffer, and asynchronous events get sent through the command line buffer. There are some checks in OpenDCL to detect that case, though, so I'm still curious how you managed to get that error.

You can override the function name without changing the control name, but changing the control name is one way to shorten things up. In some cases, you may be able to change EventInvoke to synchronous; if so, that should also solve the problem.

MiD-AwE

Thank you Owen, that is very useful.  :)

The name change is sufficient since I use the shortened version many places in my code, but I'll keep in mind that I'll need to keep it synchronous if I use the longer version in other places.

Again, thank you.

Peter2

I just stumbled over the same error. It seem to be a problem of the length of the name of "defun", not of the controls. If the value of defun has more then 63 chars, the problem occurs:

Befehl: (defun  ; 54 chars
c:abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz (intRow intColumn /)
    (alert "hallo")
)
C:ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

Befehl: (defun  ; 64 chars
c:abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz1234567890 (intRow intColumn /)
    (alert "hallo")
)
; Fehler: ads_defun misslungen: <name num rc>: C:ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ1234567890 2899 3

Befehl: (defun  ; 62 chars
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz1234567890 (intRow intColumn /)
    (alert "hallo")
)
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ1234567890

Befehl: (defun  ; 63 chars
c:abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz123456789 (intRow intColumn /)
    (alert "hallo")
)
C:ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ123456789

Peter
ODCL 8.1.... German, AutoCAD 2017 - 2018, Win 7 x64, Win 10