Bricscad 18 and Dockable Dialogue: No data in registry?

Started by Peter2, January 22, 2018, 03:21:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter2

I have Bricscad 18 and a Dockable Dialogue, and every time I "show" the dialogue it is in the upper left corner of screen. I move it and resize it - and next "show" does not consider the last settings.

In Registry under Bricscad-Profile I have a lot of entries for other ODCL-dialogues, but the dockable is not there.

Bug or feature or By Incident?
Peter
ODCL 8.1.... German, AutoCAD 2017 - 2018, Win 7 x64, Win 10

Jim Short

Me too!
When I had problems with docked control bars displaying properly after closing and re-opening, I was successful by deleting this folder:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R16.0\ACAD-233:409\Profiles\uMillBare\OpenDCL

Not any more.

Where is docked control bar location data stored?
Jim Short

owenwengerd

I just did a quick test with a test control bar form, and it seems to be working correctly. Control bar state is saved on application exit to the profile. In the case of control bars, the state is saved by the application, not by OpenDCL. Each control bar is assigned a GUID by OpenDCL, and state is saved (in BricsCAD) under {profile}\ControlBars\{GUID}.

If you can provide a reproducible test case I'll be happy to have a closer look.

owenwengerd

Jim Short

Owen,
Thanks for the tip. I really don't know how this heals itself. After a few days the docked bar order returns to normal. Weird.
Jim
Jim Short

Peter2

Peter

Peter2

a)
I played around with the width of my control bar - and this brings me to the basic question:

What decides the width of control bar?
a) The basic width, defined in the ODVL file?
b) The current width, defined from user at runtime, and stored in profile (registry)?

For me, it seem to be a: The basic width  ..

b)
QuoteEach control bar is assigned a GUID by OpenDCL...
How can I get the GUID of my GUI?
Peter

owenwengerd

If a bar is docked, size is controlled by the host dock bar (which can hold multiple child docking bars) in which it is docked. The first bar in the host dock bar has some influence on the final size, but there are some differences between platforms. The bar's GUID (called "Tool ID" in the API) is not accessible via UI. The only way to get it is by observing the registry key name where its config data are persisted when you close the host app.

Peter2

Thanks Owen

I decided to use the standard (dcl-Control-SetWidth ... to handle this topic. I'll see how it works.
Peter