Performance problem in AutoCAD 2019

Started by Emiliano, April 13, 2018, 04:24:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emiliano

Hello,
this problem seems to be present in AutoCAD 2018 and 2019, maybe even some previous version.
In the old AutoCAD 2011 and in all the BricsCAD versions the problem is not present.

I am attaching an example file to reproduce.
Perform the following steps:

• Open AutoCAD 2019 and verify by quickly tracing some lines that the performances are adequate
  • Start the function "c:test1" to open the panel of my software and it will be possible to find that by quickly tracing some lines the performances are unacceptable, the cursor goes to shots
  • Close the panel of my application, the cursor returns to have adequate performance
  • By starting the "c: test2" function, a simplified panel of my application will open; here the performances seem adequate but I'm not sure that they are actually those of AutoCAD without my open panel.

I hope someone can help me understand what's wrong.

Best Regards,
Emiliano

owenwengerd

I did not notice any difference with the form open. I'm not sure what you meant by "tracing some lines". I used the LINE command to draw lines.

Emiliano

Quote from: owenwengerd on April 13, 2018, 04:45:53 PM
I did not notice any difference with the form open. I'm not sure what you meant by "tracing some lines". I used the LINE command to draw lines.

Hi,
for "tracing some lines" I intend to use the Line command repeatedly and quickly: as you can see it goes jerkily, the performances are reduced.
See the attached video here .... unfortunately, however, it is not easy in the video to understand the reduction in performance.

Best Regards,
Emiliano

Peter2

Do you see any other behaviour, interesting to describe?

- does it happens with AutoCAD-palettes too?
- does it happen with other ODCL-apps (example from "opendcldemo" or other stuff)?
- do you see something in TaskManager - like heavy CPU load, caused by .... ??
Peter
ODCL 8.1.... German, AutoCAD 2017 - 2018, Win 7 x64, Win 10

Emiliano

Hi,
I am attaching a new complete test of the lisp code needed to load the OpenDCL runtime:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fvoh2bhj7pwajtf/_TEST2.zip?dl=0

In the compressed file I also inserted 2 videos in which you can see the behavior of the CPU:

• Video2: you can see that when the Pallette is closed the CPU of the AutoCAD process is 0%.
    - I draw some lines, the CPU rises to about 14% and then drops to 0% when I finish drawing lines; so here everything is ok..
    - Then I start the function "test1" to open the palette of my software, and in this case the CPU never drops below 4%.
    - Start to draw lines with the cursor that jerks, when I finish the line drawing the CPU does not fall below 8%.
    - At the end of the video I close the pallette and you can see that the CPU drops immediately to 0%!!.
  • Video3: I tried an example included in OpenDCL and in this case the behavior of the CPU and AutoCAD is correct.

What's in my application that does not work ??

Thanks for your help.
Best Regards,
Emiliano

Emiliano

Has anyone managed to reproduce the problem?

In other words, when moving new lines, the movement of the cursor starts late

Emiliano

I've just installed AutoCAD 2019 on another pc and I encounter the same problem.
In the same pc there is also AutoCAD 2018 and everything works fine here.
All of this is very strange  :-\

Here you can download the complete installation file of the application:
https://we.tl/Ss8ZnqoV9z

Can someone verify if it is possible to solve the problem?

I did dozens of tests but all without success  :'(
AutoCAD 2019 is not unusable, however you may notice a reduction in performance during rapid drawing of objects; for example, when drawing a circle after inserting the center point, the real-time drawing of the circumference during the movement of the cursor is slightly jerky; if I close the palette of my software it becomes very fluid again.

Peter2

There is a completely new small update for Acad 2019 - have you already installed and tested it?
Peter

Emiliano

Quote from: Peter2 on April 18, 2018, 01:06:23 PM
There is a completely new small update for Acad 2019 - have you already installed and tested it?

I do not see update for AutoCAD 2019 on the autodesk site.
Can you tell me the direct link?

Peter2

Not all updates and hotfixes are visible for everybody.
Usually you have the go to your "personal account" via Internet Browser or you use your "AutoDESK Desktop App" (usually on your desktop)
Peter

Emiliano

Quote from: Peter2 on April 19, 2018, 02:23:32 AM
Not all updates and hotfixes are visible for everybody.
Usually you have the go to your "personal account" via Internet Browser or you use your "AutoDESK Desktop App" (usually on your desktop)

I logged in with my account and everything seems updated to the latest version.
I have the feeling that it is a problem of AutoCAD 2019 and/or OpenDCL 9.0.13

Question:
I found the problem on 2 different PCs. Did any of you do any tests with my project? What happens in your PCs?

Thanks in advance.