Remember position of palette

Started by Peter2, October 15, 2013, 12:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter2

I made a small palette (resizeable, dock all) and can it dock everywhere. Every position is remembered and restored when I restart Acad - nearly ...
When I dock it beneath or at the right of the command-line, then it is restored above the command-line (between drawing-area and command-line).

Is it possible to restore it right of the command-line?
(The lisp which calls the palette is started via the start-group (i hope this is the right name in English).
Peter
ODCL 8.1.... German, AutoCAD 2017 - 2018, Win 7 x64, Win 10

owenwengerd

If the problem is due to the command line loading after the palette loads, then perhaps you can delay loading of the palette via (dcl_DelayedInvoke).

Peter2

Yes, it was a timing problem with the command-line. "delayedinvoke" is fine, thanks.

But it is strange:
With every new drawing and new "delayed show of palette" the palette (which is docked right of the command-line) increases its width. Only 2-3 mm every time, but one time the command-line shrinked to 4 cm (2") and the palette took the rest.
Peter

owenwengerd

I'm not sure about the changing width. As a test, can you reproduce that when docking on the left, or in another position on the screen? It might be an AutoCAD bug, but requires further testing to determine the cause.

Peter2

JFYI

Quote from: Peter2 on October 16, 2013, 12:07:50 AM
Yes, it was a timing problem with the command-line. "delayedinvoke" is fine, thanks....

Five years later I'm happy to find my own posting again and I have to confirm - yes, with current software-versions:
- same problem, same solution.
Peter