Check to see if OpenDCL has been installed.

Started by EricStiles, May 05, 2019, 07:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EricStiles

I share my lisp programs with others in my company.  I often don't know who they are. Some of my lisp programs use OpenDCL.  In my lisp code I would like to have a way to check to see if OpenDCL has been installed and if not, send the user a message letting him or her know that they need to install it first and/or contact me for help.  And close the lisp program properly. 
Does anyone know of a way in lisp to check the computer to see if OpenDCL has been installed?

Fred Tomke

Hi, the only way I see without running OpenDCL command is to search the Windows registry whether the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R<ReleaseNumber>\ACAD-<ReleaseKey>\Applications\OpenDCL\Commands exists and the files "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\OpenDCL\OpenDCL.x64.<ReleaseNumber>.arx" exist.

Regards, Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

roy_043

The first part of Tom's suggestion can look like this (tested on BricsCAD):
; (OpenDclInstalled_P)
(defun OpenDclInstalled_P ()
  (and
    (vl-registry-read
      (strcat
        "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\"
        (vlax-product-key)
        "\\Applications\\OpenDCL\\Commands"
      )
      "OPENDCL"
    )
  )
)

IMO this test would be enough.

EricStiles

Thank you Fred and Roy and thanks for the code Roy.  I only know Lisp and messing with the registry scared me.  I didn't realize there were some VB functions for this.
I was hoping there was a way for (Command "OpenDCL") to return something to let you know it failed.  But I'll try your code when I get a chance.

roy_043

The command function always return nil. But if the OpenDCL command fails all ODCL functions will not be available in that CAD session. Checking for that is easy enough.

hanslammerts

I turned it into these. Works for me.
Thanks for way to do a registry call

(defun c:opendclcheck ()
    (if (vl-registry-read (strcat "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\"
                                  (vlax-product-key)
                                  "\\Applications\\OpenDCL\\Commands"
                          )
                          "OPENDCL"
        )
        (princ "ok")
        (princ "not ok")