MouseEntered - MouseMovedOff events

Started by jb, April 16, 2008, 09:12:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb

The picturebox control has several additional mouse events the two I'm interested in are 'entered and 'movedOff.  I know Owen is busy with 09, but I was wondering how hard it would be to add these events to a modeless form?  It would be slick to roll a form up and down by just hovering the mouse over it.

Rolled Up Form:

MouseEntered

MouseMovedOff:

Watta ya think??
James Buzbee
Managing Memeber
Black Horse Development, LLC

jb

Ok, started playing around with this.  I put a Picture Control at the top, sides and bottom of a form.  The top picture box controls rolling the form down - the other roll the form up.  It works pretty well as long as the cursor doesn't SPEED off the form - then the event doesn't get fired.

Would still be a nice feature to include in a forms events . . .  8)

Load the jb012-odcl.lsp file into AutoCAD and enter "test" at the command line.

jb
James Buzbee
Managing Memeber

owenwengerd

Add that as a feature request. The code for detecting the mouse entering and leaving is already there, so I don't think it would be too difficult to add the events.

jb

James Buzbee
Managing Memeber

Marco Jacinto

When running the Jame's code in 5.0.0.12 I get a runtime error for the function dcl_control_setVisible, I tought it was a problem with my code so I didn't do a deep research but obviously it is not, can anyone tell what is the problem??

Saludos
Marco Jacinto

jb

Marco,

I'm using 4.1.2.1 - I think that was one of the properties that went from T / NIL to 0 / 1?
James Buzbee
Managing Memeber

owenwengerd

Quote from: Marco Jacinto on April 17, 2008, 09:08:50 AM
When running the Jame's code in 5.0.0.12 I get a runtime error for the function dcl_control_setVisible...

What is the error message?

Marco Jacinto

The error says the dcl_Control_SetVisible function doesn't accept a Nil value, I'm using the Spanish version, don't know if that helps.

owenwengerd

Marco, the error comes from the 'jb012_00_Tray' symbol in the list of controls to show in the jb:012-RollUp function. Just remove that one from the list, as it does not exist.

Marco Jacinto

jb

James Buzbee
Managing Memeber