FlexGrid SetColor

Started by Fred Tomke, August 16, 2007, 07:55:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred Tomke

Hello,

I've noticed that there are new methods for accessing colors in grid control. I'm not very familiar with FlexGrid so my question is, if there's somebody who can tell me if it is possible to define different backcolors for different cells in one grid control. I didn't find something in the samples folder.

Method flexgrid_setcolor as Integer

Regards, Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

owenwengerd

Quote from: Fred Tomke on August 16, 2007, 07:55:04 AM
... tell me if it is possible to define different backcolors for different cells in one grid control.

I'm not very familiar with these either, but I believe David Robison added those "special" methods only for the ComponentOne grid control that some are using. I do think you can change background colors of individual cells in the MS FlexGrid control using the "normal" color functions, but I don't know how offhand.

Fred Tomke

Thanks, Owen,

just for my knowledge: who added the FlexGrid SetColor to the OpenDCL grid control and what advantages has it?
I mean: Does the OpenDCL grid control use the installed flex grid control?

Regards, Fred
Fred Tomke

owenwengerd

Quote from: Fred Tomke on August 16, 2007, 11:59:21 AM
just for my knowledge: who added the FlexGrid SetColor to the OpenDCL grid control and what advantages has it?
I mean: Does the OpenDCL grid control use the installed flex grid control?

I believe David Robinson added those functions.  OpenDCL does not use the MS FlexGrid, but both are based on the Windows ListView common control.

jmaeding

I use the MS Flexgrid exclusivly, because you can select multiple rows.
I may be old in my info, but I think the built-in grid does not.
The MS grid also has a lot more props and options but is missing some cool functionality of the ODCL one.
In particular, you must handle the editing actions yourself, like the VB people do by showing and moving a textbox into place to fake the edit capability.
It works great but takes a bit to figure out.

Fred Tomke

Thanks for your answer.
Until now I had no need to select multiple rows.
What I want to do is to make a raster of planting. In each cell I want to place a different plant from a selection list.
Select a plant in a list and click in several grid cell items to place the plant. To make the changes visible the flower color shall be shown as CellBackColor.
There's a little hope that this will be possible after rewriting grid control.

Fred
Fred Tomke