Installation

Started by velasquez, August 24, 2007, 05:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

velasquez

Hi 
Did anybody already use the program Inno Setup to generate installation programs that take OpenDCL? 
Thanks

hermanm

Yes.

I used AcadInstall from www.cadwerx.net in conjunction with Inno Setup.

Worked well on ACAD2006 & ACAD2008 (I do not have 2007 installed).

velasquez

I need to know so that it serves the file OpenDCL.Runtime.ENU.4.0.3.1.msm
I never worked with Windows Installer. 
Is it possible to execute the file OpenDCL.Runtime MSI in silent mode when call of another program? 
Thanks

owenwengerd

Quote from: velasquez on August 24, 2007, 12:50:36 PM
Is it possible to execute the file OpenDCL.Runtime MSI in silent mode when call of another program? 

You can execute the MSI silently by calling "msiexec.exe /quiet /i XXX.msi" (something like that -- you may need to correct my syntax). Most installers allow executing external programs, so this should work if it cannot import the MSM.

velasquez

Thank you Owen, 
The help was very important.

velasquez

Is possible knowledge everything what the file OpenDCL.Runtime.ENU.4.0.3.1.msi? 
He didn't work well with my installation program. 
If I know what he does I can only use my installation program. 
Thanks 

owenwengerd

Quote from: velasquez on August 31, 2007, 11:20:40 AM
Is possible knowledge everything what the file OpenDCL.Runtime.ENU.4.0.3.1.msi? 

It would be possible to reproduce the registry and files installation steps, but there is no way to manage the Windows Installer installation database without using msiexec. Bypassing msiexec would mean that your installation will not cooperate with other software that also installs the OpenDCL Runtime. If other distributors of OpenDCL have to worry about rogue runtime installations, it will create problems for everyone. If there is a problem with the MSI file for the runtime, let me know so I can investigate, otherwise my advice is to find a different installer. :)

velasquez

Hi Owen, 
I posted my installation program working with the file msi. 
See the file in http://www.easycad.com.br/opendcl/MyRunTime.zip 
I used the command line I only lower to test. 
msiexec.exe /passive /i OpenDCL.Runtime.ENU.4.0.3.1.msi 
After the installation I didn't get to see different in the windows registry. 
I work with Windows XP. 
Please tell me what am doing wrong.