Transparent backgrounds and Form [back] colors?

Started by nwgeo, October 19, 2007, 10:02:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwgeo

Curious if there is a way to have a transparent background for text labels.  I am wanting to create dialog box interfaces that have an image in the background.  Currently, if I place text labels, I am very limited on where I can locate them.  It would be preferable to have the ability to set the background color for a text label to transparent so I could "float" the text anywhere I wish.  The same is true for option boxes.  I can set the color, but is there a transparent value?

Also, can the background color of the form be set?  I didn't see any "BackColor" property listed in the "Properties" box.

TIA for any ideas offered.

BazzaCAD

This is on Owen's ToDo list. I think he's getting pretty close to adding transparent backgrounds to controls, but I can't speak for him.
I don't know if form background color is on the list. You should add it to the feature requests: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=923366&group_id=187950&func=browse
I'd also like to see a form background image. Where you could disable to form titlebar & have a transparent color in your background image so your could make irregular dialogs (like skins)
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs
barryDOTralphsATgmailDOTcom

BazzaCAD

On a side note. If you add a graphics button and your image has a background color of 192,192,192 it will show up as transparent when it's imported.
And if you use: (dcl_PictureBox_LoadPictureFile form_ctrl_PictureBox1 "weld-ldr.gif") & your gif has a transparent background it will show up that way.

[attachment deleted by admin]
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs
barryDOTralphsATgmailDOTcom