Difference of Exhibition

Started by velasquez, September 20, 2009, 07:36:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

velasquez

Hi Owen, 
In this Project I work with dcl_Control_SetPos and 
dcl_Control_SetPicture to control the exhibition of images. 
See the difference among this work in OpenDCL 4.1.2.2 and OpenDCL 5.1.2.3 / 6.0.0.4 
That is expected?

owenwengerd

Try removing your calls to (dcl_PictureBox_Clear) to see if that resolves the problem.

velasquez

Hello Owen,

Following your suggestion I removed dcl_PictureBox_Clear of my code. 
There was not any visible improvement in the change of the images.
Can the problem be in the speed of OpenDCL 6.0.0.5 or in ZOrder?

owenwengerd

If you use ZOrder, that could be the reason. Please send me an updated .lsp file without the calls to PictureBox_Clear, so I can have another look.

velasquez

OK Owen

I don't use ZOrder. 
I sent for you one updated .lsp without the calls of PictureBox_Clear. 
Please see the functions JoyMenuValvulas and JoyMenuAducaoAgua.

velasquez

Hello Owen 
I believe that the problem can be with the dcl_Control_SetPos speed for PictureBox.

owenwengerd

I didn't receive any new file from you. I looked at your code, and I think the main problem is that your calls to Control_SetVisible cause the controls to be hidden, then redisplayed. This would force the background to repaint, thus causing the flashing.

velasquez

I created a new project with OpenDCL 6.0.0.5. 
I am just exhibiting the form that contains the images. 
I verified that the exhibition speed is really larger in OpnDCL 4.1.2.2

velasquez

I am posting the files now. 
Excuse me.

owenwengerd

On my computer the form opens virtually instantaneously in Alpha 5 on AutoCAD 2010. I ran it under a profiler, and I don't see anything in the output that indicates a problem. I added a slight optimization so that it doesn't waste any time trying to paint the picture before the dialog is visible, but I don't think that is significant enough to notice.  I don't know why it is slow on yours.  Perhaps someone else can test your sample to see if they notice any problem.

velasquez

I don't also understand the problem. 
The one that I can affirm that in OpenDCL 4.1.2.2 the form opened with a very larger speed in AutoCAD 2006 2007 and 2009 for this it is enough to see the image that shows this comparison. 
I hope other users see the files that I posted. 
Thanks.

velasquez

It follows the transcription of my customer's report below on OpenDCL with AutoCAD 2010. (5.1.2.3)

Thank you Sebastião… 

All works now.. I changed T for the 1 et NIL for the 0 only in the command “DCL_CONTROL_SETVALUE” 

But with Autocad10 the speed is horrible... .Este another problem... 

Att. 
Christophe

For display to the picture with the 12 pictures,:  5 seconds.   
Before, it was smaller of 1 second 

I have a RAM of 1,25 GB 

Att. 
Christophe

owenwengerd

What is the speed of opening the sample file in 6.0.0.5 on your system with AutoCAD 2009?  Is there a noticeable difference if all picture boxes are removed from the form?  Is the customer's report based on the sample, or on the real application?

velasquez

The speed of opening of the sample file in my system is very slow in AutoCAD 2006-2007-2009-2010. 
Yes there is a notable difference when PictureBox are removed from the form. 
The customer's report this based on the real application.

BazzaCAD

I tested your sample files on Win XP Pro SP3 w/ 4gb. ram.
On Acad 2008 & 2010
ODCL Builds: 6.0.0.5 & 5.1.2.3
In all cases the form loaded very fast, less then 1 sec.
I could see each pic. box loading one at a time, but it wasn't a noticeable delay.
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs
barryDOTralphsATgmailDOTcom