ListView with Enabled DragBegin and DoubleClick

Started by Fred Tomke, May 17, 2009, 03:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred Tomke

Hello, am I right that enabled AllowDragBegin supresses the release of OnDoubleClick in ListViews? As far as I remember it should work. Am I wrong?

Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

owenwengerd

The fixes for your recent bug report (https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2789772&group_id=187950&atid=923363) may have caused some things to change. Do you mean that OnDoubleClick never fires when AllowDragBegin is enabled?

Fred Tomke

Yes, I can say OnDoubleClick never fires when AllowDragBegin is enabled. I tried to click thousand times in a second but it does not want to fire. Even in a modal form it is very difficult to fire on doubleclick.

Hm, I'm wondering the relationship between giving back the correct column id with the calling of on doubleclick...

Fred
Fred Tomke

owenwengerd

The column id fix required a change in the sequence of Windows message processing and firing events, which is why it could have side effects. However, at the time I fixed the column id bug, I thought that I tested OnDoubleClick and it was not firing for column 0 even before the fix. I assumed this was the result of the second click being "eaten" by the hidden drag/drop window created by the first click, so I ignored it. Are you certain that it was firing in previous builds?

Fred Tomke

Yes, because I'm just working on a layer tool for sorting object draw order by layer order. When doubleclicking a layer or a layergroup within another layergroup the layer properties of the doubleclicked layer / layergroup can be changed. That's why I know that doubleclicked worked.

I have also a modal form with doubleclick event and enabled allowdragbegin. In this case doubleclick makes the selected layer blinking in the drawing.

Fred
Fred Tomke

owenwengerd

Ok, I'll investigate to see what changed. Do you remember the latest working build?

Fred Tomke

Sorry for the late answer, I was out.

Since I saved all releases I will go back until I've found it.

Fred
Fred Tomke