Grid Control - Column Captions

Started by AutoKAD, November 04, 2010, 09:14:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoKAD

Is there a method that returns a list of current column captions during runtime?  (dcl_Control_GetColumnCaptionList <CONTROL>) does not return a current list if you delete or add a column.  I assume you can write a function to update the column caption list each time a column is added or deleted using (dcl_Control_SetColumnCaptionList <CONTROL>), but it would easier and reduce code if there was a way to return the current column captions.

If there isn't a method yet, maybe include T to specify the return of the current column captions?

(dcl_Control_GetColumnCaptionList <CONTROL> {T})

Thanks!

owenwengerd

The correct way to address this is to fix the add and delete methods so they modify the control property instead of the control directly. I'll see if I can fix that for the next build.

AutoKAD

Quote from: owenwengerd on November 04, 2010, 01:17:27 PM
The correct way to address this is to fix the add and delete methods so they modify the control property instead of the control directly. I'll see if I can fix that for the next build.

That would be great!

Thanks Owen!

owenwengerd

This is now fixed for the next build. I also changed the code so that the various column properties are listed in the left tree in the control browser.

There are a number of similar cases (of methods operating directly on a control) scattered throughout the OpenDCL code that should be addressed. If you encounter other such cases, please report them.

AutoKAD

Quote from: owenwengerd on November 04, 2010, 03:22:54 PM
This is now fixed for the next build. I also changed the code so that the various column properties are listed in the left tree in the control browser.

Cool!

Quote from: owenwengerd on November 04, 2010, 03:22:54 PM
There are a number of similar cases (of methods operating directly on a control) scattered throughout the OpenDCL code that should be addressed. If you encounter other such cases, please report them.

Sure, no problem.   :)