Project load problem

Started by Shoey, November 07, 2007, 08:59:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoey

Hello all,

First post so be gentle with me!

Ive changed my files to odcl and code from odcl to dcl.

But my main form will now not load when called from lisp.

code -
(dcl_Project_Load "LOGINPROFILE2005" T)
(dcl_Form_Show LOGINPROFILE2005_Form1)

It comes with the following error-
error: no function definition: DCL_PROJECT_LOAD

The OpenDCL16.arx is loaded.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards
Shoey
Shoey

Zibster

Quote from: Shoey on November 07, 2007, 08:59:43 AM
Hello all,

First post so be gentle with me!

Ive changed my files to odcl and code from odcl to dcl.

But my main form will now not load when called from lisp.

code -
(dcl_Project_Load "LOGINPROFILE2005" T)
(dcl_Form_Show LOGINPROFILE2005_Form1)

It comes with the following error-

The OpenDCL16.arx is loaded.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards
Shoey

Hi,

have you add project files to AutoCAD path (menu Tools / Options...)?
and what Autocad version have you?
If LT, you need install LT-Extender to activate LISP command (www.lt-extender.com)

regards,
Zbyszek

BazzaCAD

Quote from: Shoey on November 07, 2007, 08:59:43 AM

If you're getting "error: no function definition: DCL_PROJECT_LOAD", then that means the arx isn't loaded.
Do you get something like:
OpenDCL Runtime [4.1.1.4] loaded
At the command line when you try to load it?
If you're installed the full studio version, then you can type "OPENDCL" at the command line & it will demand load it for you.
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs
barryDOTralphsATgmailDOTcom

vosey

Is it possible for an end user to simply load the 'OpenDCL.17.arx' file to enable him to run OpenDCL applications that I have written, without running the runtime installation (msi) file?.   I have a 'remote' colleague who has no internet access,  I could obviously send him the installation file, but I'd prefer to keep things as simple as possible, and just place the 'arx' file in a viewable (from Acad) folder, so that he can automatically load it using (arxload) from an 'mnl' file?.   I have tried this approach but it appears that the OpenDCL functions are still not available after the file has been loaded, I can't work out why!. I know it all worked fine in the first release of OpenDCL - I suspect it's something to do with demand loading, which I can't really get my head around!!

Fred Tomke

Hi, vosey, yes you can do so. We do it over 1800 times with our customers in Germany and noone installs the msi for the runtime.

What do you have to do?

• create a folder with all the files of your application
  • copy all the files of C:\Program Files\Common Files\OpenDCL into the folder with your application
  • you can remove the unneeded arx-files of AutoCAD-releases your application doesn't support from the folder of your application
  • copy the files of C:\Program Files\Common Files\OpenDCL\ENU directly into the folder with your application and not into a subfolder (as it was at Common Files). In this case you don't need to add a registry key of the language
  • make sure that the OpenDCL.17.arx will be loaded at the time of loading your application
  • create a zip-archive to send the application folder to your colleague
  • now, it should work at your colleague

I hope it was understandable and reproducable. If not, let me know.

Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

owenwengerd

Quote from: vosey on February 16, 2009, 12:27:11 AM
Is it possible for an end user to simply load the 'OpenDCL.17.arx' file to enable him to run OpenDCL applications that I have written, without running the runtime installation (msi) file?

Yes, that is possible, but it's not recommended. If you send the .msi file, you avoid exactly the sorts of problems you are now faced with. Is he loading the correct file? Does he have multiple versions of the file in different locations? Has he installed another OpenDCL application? If you send the .msi, you don't need to worry about all that -- it will simply work.

vosey

Thanks Very much for the advice.  The copying of the 'ENU' files has done the trick and all is working perfectly.  I'll ensure that the .msi is used in future, but Freds solution has helped a lot in this instance.

velasquez

Is it possible to know all the steps of the file OpenDCL.Runtime.ENU.5.0.1.7.msm? 
I need this for the program InnoSetup. 
My customer cannot work with other file in the installation.

Thanks

Fred Tomke

Hi, velasquez, I don't know wheter if it is possible to extract an ini from a msm, but maybe from the runtime msi. Call the msi-file in the commandline using parameter /?. Maybe a list of parameters will be shown.

Do you know InstallWatchPro or SnAppShot from Novell Zenworks? Both products document the changes on harddisk and in the registry.

Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

velasquez

Thank you Fred 
I will seek the programs.