Recent posts

Runtime/AutoLISP / Re: textbox not updating
Last post by Peter2 - October 30, 2023, 01:30:50 PM
Have you checked all other stuff?
- the dialogue is loaded and active?
- other controls are working fine?
- can you modify the textbox with another command after initializing?
- the textbox-control has all needed events activated?
Runtime/AutoLISP / Re: Help keep OpenDCL moving f...
Last post by Peter2 - October 30, 2023, 11:12:04 AM
Well, the current activity in the forum is a little bit quite, but you get for free
- a tool which is maintained over the years to be up to date with current versions on different software
- the most intelligent and helpful help-file I have ever seen which functions I have never seen before
- the current state of the forum which contains many. many helpful posts.

For me, the reason to not contribute because you get no free help within one week is not really understandable.
Runtime/AutoLISP / Re: Help keep OpenDCL moving f...
Last post by Domzinator - October 30, 2023, 10:33:24 AM
I Don't see the point, there isnt allot of help out there and this forum also isn't helping. posted a question over n week ago and still no reply from anyone. Maybe if there is better Help and support this can go a long way
Runtime/AutoLISP / Re: "Project failed to load" q...
Last post by Dovys - October 26, 2023, 06:50:45 AM
I think it would be faster and easier to just close and open AutoCAD after you plug in USB.

You could also try to go in ribbon to Manage --> Load Application
and select lsp file to load, but I am not sure if dcl file will load or not.
Deployment / Including the MSM with WiX Too...
Last post by jclayton06 - October 26, 2023, 06:50:01 AM
I just want to say thanks for providing the Merge Module .MSM file runtime for installation!
I'm using WiX Toolset v3.11 to package up another project that relates to this one. A few extra lines in the Features.wxs file and it's included with no issues (outside of needing to add the install folder location to AutoCAD's Trusted Paths).

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Wix xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/2006/wi">
  <?define SourceDir="..\Deploy2"?>
  <Fragment>
    <Directory Id="TARGETDIR" Name="SourceDir">
      <Directory Id="ProgramFilesFolder">
        <Directory Id="CompanyFolder" Name="MyCompany">
          <Directory Id="INSTALLLOCATION" Name="MyCustomProject">
            <Merge Id="AutoCADToolsMM" SourceFile="$(var.AutoCADToolsMM.TargetPath)" DiskId="1" Language="1033"/>
          </Directory>
        </Directory>
      </Directory>
      <Merge Id="OpenDclMM" SourceFile="$(var.SourceDir)\OpenDCL.Runtime.9.1.5.2.msm" DiskId="1" Language="1033" />
    </Directory>
    <Feature Id="AutoCADTools" Title="AutoCAD Tools 2021" Description="Installs all the files needed for AutoCAD Tools 2021." Level="1" AllowAdvertise="no" ConfigurableDirectory="INSTALLLOCATION">
      <MergeRef Id="AutoCADToolsMM"/>
      <ComponentRef Id="RegistryEntries" />
    </Feature>
    <Feature Id="OpenDcl" Title="Open DCL Runtime" Description="OpenDCL is for AutoLISP programmers who want to replace AutoCAD's limited DCL (Dialog Control Language) user interface language with a rich set of modern Windows user interface elements." Level="1" AllowAdvertise="no">
      <MergeRef Id="OpenDclMM" />
    </Feature>
  </Fragment>
</Wix>
Last post by TCNTRM - October 26, 2023, 06:01:52 AM
Thank you for reply. Any way to later, after I plug in USB, manually search for needed files and load them? 
Last post by Dovys - October 25, 2023, 11:02:49 PM
This is very simple reason.
When you run AutoCAD, AutoCAD will search for all folders on search paths in options. If your USB is already plugged in PC AutoCAD will find it and will be able to load all files from it, but if your USB is not plugged in, AutoCAD will not find it (because it don't exist yet), but later when you run command in AutoCAD it will not search for drive it could not find at run time, so it will not be able to find files.

You have only two choices:
1) You plug in USB before running AutoCAD.
2) Move files to hard drive on PC.
Runtime/AutoLISP / "Project failed to load" quest...
Last post by TCNTRM - October 25, 2023, 10:54:06 PM
Hi!

I searched but couldn't find solution to my problem. My files are on USB stick (.lisp files and .odcl file). If I plug in the USB first then run Autocad ODCL project loads okay, BUT when I first run Autocad and then plug USB into pc, I get error "Project failed to load! The file could not be found or an error occurred while reading the file"

Runtime/AutoLISP / Re: OnKeyUp event
Last post by Fred Tomke - October 25, 2023, 08:40:23 AM
Great! I only use KeyDown in some ListViews and grids to recognize, when Delete was pressed. Changes in textboxes I always check with EditChanged or Update event.
Regards, Fred
Runtime/AutoLISP / Re: OnKeyUp event
Last post by Dovys - October 25, 2023, 07:30:59 AM
Yes.
(defun c:Savartos/Main/TBGNew#OnKeyUp (Character RepeatCount Flags / letter)
  (setq letter (dcl-Control-GetText Savartos/Main/TBGNew))
)

I just ignore "Character RepeatCount Flags" and take text from text box with dcl-Control-GetText