Textbox in integer style

Started by Fred Tomke, March 16, 2008, 03:20:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelie

Fred,

Using AutoCAD 2008 and the lastest OpenDCL, I downloaded your sample and could not reproduce the problem.

Fred Tomke

Hi Kelie,

thank you for the time you've spent. Unfortunately, you can't reproduce it, too. I can reproduce this on different computers on different operation systems (all German) with different AutoCAD releases (all German) although in Berlin and in Munich. I have changed now to single line text and built my own text filter.

Thanks for watching.

Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

owenwengerd

I still cannot reproduce the problem. It sounds like perhaps it's only happening in the German version of Windows. I can't imagine why, but stranger things have happened.

Do you have access to an English language version of Windows to test? Is it possible that you have some virus or add-on that is interfering with edit controls on the systems you tested?

Fred Tomke

Hello Owen,

it's actually frustrating, of course but unfortunately I have no English Windows release.
But I believe that Kelie used a Chinese release and it  did work there, too.

Owen: could you reproduce if OnEditChanged was called before OnKillFocus although you didn't change anything?

A colleague of our company did a joke in meaning that it might be a special property of our company that it don't work with on our computers. The computers (workstations and notebooks) I tested have neither a software firewall (but the windows one) nor an antivirus product.

The same colleague rammed a knife in my back in saying that the way it works on our computers (meaning deleting the leading zero) is more correct cause an integer has no leading zero.  >:(

I have done some workaround so it works now with string filter (and I filter only the numbers). But I'll keep it in mind. I'll have some interviews on TechCamp in Paris in a few weeks - maybe there are some international partners for testing.

Thanks for watching.

Fred
Fred Tomke

owenwengerd

Fred, when I tested there was never an OnEditChanged event, only OnKillFocus.

Fred Tomke

Hello everybody,

Leading zero, I should have known that because it's an old known problem. Maybe someone else will have the problem, too that's why I send you the solution. Thanks to Wolfgang who has the same problem, too. When he asked me about that some days ago I remembered that there was a similiar problem in ObjectDCL: After opening a form all textboxes in NumericUnits style show ".5" or "-.06" instead of "0.5" or "-0.06". I have found out that it depends on the setting of the systemvariable DIMZIN. In the German release of Autodesk Architecture there are some dimstyles which uses DIMZIN /= 0. But this setting is neccessary to show the numbers in the right way. Wolfgang has tested successfully: when DIMZIN is set to 0, then the leading zero won't be removed.

Fred
Fred Tomke