Bricscad dockable control bar,

Started by Danielm103, March 26, 2010, 08:04:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danielm103

looks a little off when docked...see pic. works great though : )
Copyright© 2007 Daniel Marcotte, This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties and confers no rights

Danner

Indeed this is great news.

Just for info though, I've posted 6 bugs on the Opendcl bug tracker (begining with the prefix "Brx ControlBar - ..").  I attach my simple test project here also, if others want to re-check my observations.  (I am using Windows XP).

Fundamental bugs that prevent useage at the moment:

1.  You can only load a ControlBar project once in a Bricscad session.  If wont reload a second time. Test by pasting  (dcl_project_load "BrxControlBarTest" T) on the command line.

2.  You can only show a ControlBar (dcl_form_show) once in a Bricscad session.  Test by pasting (dcl_Form_Show BrxControlBarTest_ControlBarTest1) on the commandline.

3. There is a conflict with dragging toolbars over the ControlBar.  They sometimes dock incorrectly and when you drag them off, Bricscad crashes.

Other bugs:

4. The geometry of the controls are not quite right when the toolbar is docked, as illustrated in Daniel's post.

5. The ControlBar when launched does not show at the correct width.

6. dcl_Control_SetWidth function doesnot work correctly when the ControlBar is docked. Test by pasting (dcl_Control_SetWidth BrxControlBarTest_ControlBarTest1 100) on the commandline.

Danner

Ah great, thanks Owen, ODCL Runtime 6.0.0.25. has worked around some of these Bricscad code bugs.  

Here are the results of round 2 of my testing:

Fundamental bugs:

1. You can only load a ControlBar project once in a Bricscad session..... - Fixed.

2. You can only show a ControlBar (dcl_form_show) once in a Bricscad session.... -Fixed.

3.  There is a conflict with dragging toolbars over the ControlBar....  - Problem persists.

Other bugs:

4.  The geometry of the controls are not quite right when the toolbar is docked... - Fixed.

5.  The ControlBar when launched does not show at the correct width. - Problem persists.

6.  dcl_Control_SetWidth function doesnot work correctly. - Problem persists.

Owen, now the geometry of the controls has been fixed, its enabled me to find a new bug:

The "Right from Right" property of a control are measured from different sides of the drag bar on a docked ControlBar's edge in AutoCAD and Bricscad.  See attached image.  <Edit:- Oops! In the image Bricscad and Autocad are the wrong way around> Would you like this added to the Bug tracker too?

owenwengerd

Quote from: Danner on March 29, 2010, 02:22:43 AM
Would you like this added to the Bug tracker too?

Yes, thanks, that would be a good one to add.

Danner

Problems persist in Bricscad Pro 10.3.9 beta.

Danner

Quote from: Danner on March 29, 2010, 02:22:43 AM

Here are the results of round 2 of my testing:

Fundamental bugs:

1. You can only load a ControlBar project once in a Bricscad session..... - Fixed.

2. You can only show a ControlBar (dcl_form_show) once in a Bricscad session.... -Fixed.

Hi Owen, just noticed if you close the ControlBar whilst its floating  rather than docked, these 2 bugs persist.