Edit Multiple Label Items

Started by mr nick, November 17, 2010, 08:07:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr nick

Is there any way to select multiple label items in the editor and alter the font settings? Seems like lots of other settings can be altered but not the font so it's a bit of a pain when you want to tweak the size of all your labels in some way.

Fred Tomke

Unfortunately, not. Font properties and Tooltip properties can only be changed in the control's properties wizard.

Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

owenwengerd

As Fred said, you can't do it in the editor, but you can do it via lisp. There's sample code somewhere that demonstrates this, but a quick search didn't turn it up.

Kerry

Perfection is not optional.
My other home is TheSwamp

Fred Tomke

Hi,

maybe somebody will get angry 'bout me but I liked they way it was in OpenDCL 4. Please imagine you have similar controls on a form and you want to set all of them (nearly) the same property values. But it's only for one form in a project and only for these controls and not for all. In this case the programatic way would not make the changing progress faster. So I have to change each control seperately. I believe mr_nick had this in his mind when he started this topic.

Owen, can you remember this topic?

Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

owenwengerd

I still plan to replace the property pane with something more advanced, but this will take a lot of planning and work. It would be simple to make each font property display separately so they could be changed en mass, but I think that makes the property pane more difficult to use for most users. In the meantime, it is not difficult to modify programmatically any way you wish, using any criteria desired.