OpenDCL 4.1.2.1

Started by Paul G, February 20, 2008, 01:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul G

Anyone,

I've downloaded the 4.1.2.1 msi and ran it, but I'm not sure if anything has changed.  How can I tell?  What differences should I see?  Will there be an update on the help/about which would indicate the update?  Was there any updated arx files that come with this?  If it's installing new files, where would I find them?

When I use my OpenDCL editor, it still says 4.0.1.1.

I have the 5.0 as well, but someone stated that we shouldn't use this for production.  Because I don't know what will happen if I run the msi, I am holding off on this one.

Is there any instructions or notes about new releases that I'm not seeing?  I didn't see any information from the download section.

Any info would be great.
Thanks.

BazzaCAD

Quote from: Paul G on February 20, 2008, 01:03:44 PM
Anyone,
I've downloaded the 4.1.2.1 msi and ran it, but I'm not sure if anything has changed.  How can I tell?  What differences should I see?  Will there be an update on the help/about which would indicate the update?  Was there any updated arx files that come with this?  If it's installing new files, where would I find them?
When I use my OpenDCL editor, it still says 4.0.1.1.
I have the 5.0 as well, but someone stated that we shouldn't use this for production.  Because I don't know what will happen if I run the msi, I am holding off on this one.
Is there any instructions or notes about new releases that I'm not seeing?  I didn't see any information from the download section.
Any info would be great.
Thanks.

You may have to uninstall your old 4.0.1.1, before 4.1.2.1 will install. Somewhere along the road the installer was updated to do the uninstall for you then install the new version, but I think your version is still to old.
In the editor if you go to Help-->about it will tell you what version it is.
Also the arx's will now be located in the "C:\Program Files\Common Files\OpenDCL" folder not the "C:\Program Files\OpenDCL" folder.
Hope this help.
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs
barryDOTralphsATgmailDOTcom

Paul G

I bumped a button, and my first attempt at a "reply" disappeared, so I don't know if this will show up twice.  If so, you can disregard the previous one.

With that said:

I'm currently using 4.0.1.1 (beta) OpenDCL editor (still).  I would like to move up to the latest and greatest editor.  What files do I need to download and install.  I have the OpenDCL.16, 17 and x64 arx files.  What I need to do is upgrade the editor.  I'm just not sure how.

I have downloaded "OpenDCL.Runtime.CHS.5.0.0.12.msi", which I ran, but it didn't change the version of my editor.  It was said that I needed to uninstall 4.0.1.1 first, but OpenDCL is not listed in my "Add and Remove Programs", so I'm guessing I have to do this manually with "regedit" and manually delete the editing files (OpenDCL folder).  Do I really need to delete them?

I have also, downloaded the "OpenDCLSource.5.0.0.12.zip".  This looks to me that it contains all the files for developing the Opendcl.exe file, which I don't plan on using (due to lack of knowledge).  Or, am I mistaken and these are the new files that go in the "Progam Files/OpenDCL" folder.  I didn't see any "exe" extensions in this zip.

So, what do I need to download and what are the steps?

Thanks in advance,
Paul G.

Kerry

The    OpenDCL.Studio.CHS.5.0.0.12.msi   has the Editor, support files and Runtime

The OpenDCL.Runtime.CHS.5.0.0.12.msi is needed to run the odcl in AutoCAD ( if the .Studio is not loaded)

The  Zipped Source is just that.

So, download and run the OpenDCL.Studio.CHS.5.0.0.12.msi  Mirror . (for Chinese Language )
or OpenDCL.Studio.ENU.5.0.0.12.msi  [ if you want English ]
Perfection is not optional.
My other home is TheSwamp

Paul G

Thanks a bunch.  I was able to download, install and run.  I now have the latest. :)

Being new to the this editor, I noticed when I go to open up a project (.odc), it actually looks for .lsp and .odcl.  I have to choose "all files *.*" in order to see my projects.  Is there a way to change it to see .odc's, since that is what it seems to be creating (not .odcl)?  And, is it safe to open up an older project and saveas with this new editor without creating any problems, or should I start from scratch?

I'll post any further questions in a different forum.

Thanks again,
Paul

Paul G

Never mind about my two new questions.  I read the help file, and found the answers.

Time to have some fun. ;D