Tabstrip Images are not showing.

Started by balisteor, August 26, 2013, 01:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

balisteor

I cannot get tab images to show up, can't figure out why, anyone know?

I set them in the project, but doesn't seem to do anything, and I use this "(dcl_Control_SetTabImageList TEST_Form1_TabStrip1 (list 101 102 103))" and nothing seems to happen.
It doesn't look as if anyone else has had this problem, i thought maybe the tabstrip is supposed to have its own image list like other controls but It does not have one, so i use the images from the project images assuming that should work.

Thanks for your attention.

owenwengerd

The tab strip control does have its own image list. Look at the Image List tab in the control property wizard.

balisteor

Thanks owen i found it, i was looking in the properties tab window.  But I'm usure of how to create a windows image list without the wizard.  Why is are the tab images so different than other controls and does not have the image list wizard?

balisteor

Ok, nevermind I understand now, I can simply access that list with the wizard in the tabstrip properties, I have gotten so used to seeing the image list as one of the properties. and selecting it there, (the tabstrips do not have that listed and assumed that meant there was none.)

Thanks again.

owenwengerd

I'm not sure why it would be inconsistent with other controls, but I will investigate. That may be a bug.

balisteor

I wouldn't call it a bug, just something that got me lost.

What I'm saying is that other controls that have image lists, have a direct link to the image list tab in the wizard in the properties list, and the tabcontrol does not, It was me who was so used to using this quick link to the image list and when I could not find it in the tabcontrol properties I assumed it didn't have one, and never thought to simply open the wizard and go to the image list tab. No need to really fix anything but If you were to change something I would suggest either having that in the properties for the tabcontrol or simply removing it and have user open the wizard so that novice users like me don't get so lost.

owenwengerd

I've fixed it now for the next build. That property was originally hidden for all controls, but I must have missed one when I un-hid it.