Trying to create a palette for inserting blocks

Started by dhopp, December 08, 2008, 01:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhopp

has a tab strip with 8 tabs, looking to be able to pick several blocks, create a list, then insert them in the order I picked them.  Is there any sample code you could recommend for me, I want to figure this out and learn...not have someone build this for me.

thanks

D

BazzaCAD

Have you recreated the palette from the class handout yet?
That would be a good place to start then modify it from there...
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs
barryDOTralphsATgmailDOTcom

dhopp

not yet running out of time today, did the hello world example though

got this far playing around

I think the best way to work this is to make one tab work like I want, then copy and edit to rest of tabs...please correct me if I wrong or if you have a better idea

dhopp

the good news is I can work on this at home as well

BazzaCAD

Quote from: dhopp on December 08, 2008, 01:39:52 PM
I think the best way to work this is to make one tab work like I want, then copy and edit to rest of tabs...please correct me if I wrong or if you have a better idea

That sounds good.
What will each tab do?
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs

owenwengerd

If all your tabs will use the same interface, you might consider making the tab control short so that it consists of the tabs only, then putting the other controls below the tab control. This way you will only have one instance of the controls instead of separate instances for each tab.

dhopp

Quote from: BazzaCAD on December 08, 2008, 02:22:16 PM
Quote from: dhopp on December 08, 2008, 01:39:52 PM

That sounds good.
What will each tab do?

Each tab is for a specific medical product, there will be a list of conduit legend blocks specific to each product on there respective tab.  What I hope to do is have the user select the legends they need, each selection adds the block to a list.  When done they hit insert, and the blocks get inserted based on the list they created.

dhopp

Quote from: owenwengerd on December 08, 2008, 02:28:56 PM
If all your tabs will use the same interface, you might consider making the tab control short so that it consists of the tabs only, then putting the other controls below the tab control. This way you will only have one instance of the controls instead of separate instances for each tab.

example please...newbie here   ???

BazzaCAD

Quote from: dhopp on December 09, 2008, 05:26:51 AM

Owen's saying if you're going to have the same controls on all your tabs then just have a short TabStrip (about 25 height) then put the controls on the main palette & not on each tab.
Or you could change the Tab Style to buttons & it will look a little better.
But if you're going to have different controls on each tab, then just forget about all this... :)
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs

dhopp

Quote from: BazzaCAD on December 09, 2008, 12:03:27 PM
Quote from: dhopp on December 09, 2008, 05:26:51 AM

Owen's saying if you're going to have the same controls on all your tabs then just have a short TabStrip (about 25 height) then put the controls on the main palette & not on each tab.
Or you could change the Tab Style to buttons & it will look a little better.
But if you're going to have different controls on each tab, then just forget about all this... :)

gotcha