problem with dcl_SelectFolder

Started by krunch, February 19, 2012, 02:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krunch

Hi
dcl_SelectFolder returns "" if I select a Windows7 folder 'Libraries 'Network 'Group.. or any subfolder such as Documents.
I've tried some Flags argument, but no way .. is it normal ?

Fred Tomke

Hi, I can reproduce this.
I'd say post it as a bug.

Command: (dcl_selectfolder "Test" "c:\\" 81)
""
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

HIPPODAMOS

Hi,

I tried it standallone. It works in this environment error-free on Windows 7 64-bit and OpenDCL.x64.18.ARX

Code (autolisp) Select
Befehl: (dcl_selectfolder "Test" "c:\\" 81)
"D:\\Eike_Mailuefterl_Ackermannstrasse"

Regards, Albert

krunch

Strange, I'am almost sure it did not work ..

But (dcl_selectfolder "Test" "c:\\" 81)  returns "" if I select some directories such as :
Libraries
Libraries/Documents
Libraries/Images
Music Video ...

These folders have no path in win explorer (?) .. however Libraries/Documents/MyDocuments is "C:\\Users\\username\\Documents"
Something weird like that ..

Fred Tomke

Hi krunch, have you already posted it as a bug. Please also note the operating system because windows xp uses different enumerations to windows 7 for special folders.

Regards, Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

krunch

Hi Fred

Yes it's there : http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=923363&aid=3489736&group_id=187950

But I'm not sure that Owen has understood the initial problem (even if the bit 0 did not filter "system" folders..). Now it seems that this problem occurs only with a few directories.

HIPPODAMOS

Hi,

I don´t think it´s a bug. If you select a folder, it works fine. It will return "", if you select a library instead of a folder.

example: library selected instead of folder:

return: ""

example: library selected instead of folder:

By hippodamos at 2012-03-10

You cannot store data in a library. But you ca store data in a folder:

Select a folder:

return:
Code (autolisp) Select
Befehl: (dcl_selectfolder "Test" "c:\\" 81)
"C:\\Users\\Albert\\Documents"

Regards, Albert

P.S. I think, you can handle this feature. If "" is returned, let your program write:

Code (autolisp) Select
(dcl_messagebox "I believe you have selected a library instead of a folder! \r\nSelect a folder please!")

;-)

krunch

Hi

QuoteYou cannot store data in a library. But you can store data in a folder:

For me 'Library' is only the root, but Library/Documents is a normal folder in wich I store files (same for Images etc ..). Please just drag a file onto the 'Documents' folder (Library/Documents, not 'MyDocuments') ..

So, I can not select this folder with dcl_selectfolder, I have to make at least 1 sub-folder. For me it's just a minor inconvenience but that I have to remember

Regards

owenwengerd

Some file system folders are virtual folders that do not correspond directly to a file system path. Some virtual folders correspond to multiple actual folders whose contents are combined into a single virtual folder. I believe that is the case with the folder you are using as an example.

krunch

Yes it is the default Win7 directories : Documents Images Music Videos
They appear in the dcl_selectfolder tree but retrieve "" when selected (instead of "C:\\Users\\username\\Documents").
Those folders are doubled in 'Username/My documents' 'Images' .. (in the tree) so may be they could be erased (?)