Progress Bar Caption

Started by docsaintly, August 05, 2009, 12:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

docsaintly

Hello All,
   I'm working in OpenDCL Studio and trying to work with a progress bar. I turned visual styles off so that I can see captions etc. on the progress bar. I notice that there is a caption options for minute(s), second(s), and remaining. However, it seems the only options are to display No text, a percentage, or Time in the format of X Min(s), Y Sec(s) [Remaining Caption]. I would like a different combination. I would like to either show nothing but the caption (so I can modify it and say X/X Remaining), or a Percent and the aforementioned caption.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

owenwengerd

That caption text is not very flexible. I suggest to add a feature request to add a new legend type of "Custom" that uses a (new) plain old Caption property that you can set to whatever you want. In the meantime, I think your only option is to set the progress bar's legend type to None, then use a separate label control for the caption.

docsaintly

Alright, thanks for the help. It would be nice if the "custom" text still supported the percents and time. So maybe you could do a message like : "Working on X of Y Items, They will be done in approx %Minutes% and %Sseconds%. I'm %percent% done". Obviously this would be a bit long, but i think you get the idea.