BlockView behaviors on different OS

Started by Fred Tomke, November 18, 2010, 04:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred Tomke

Hello,

I have a problem and I hope somebody has any idea.

I have a form with some block views on it. They have a gradient hatch object in which shall be updated automatically, when any property was changed by the user.
It works fine on XP 32-Bit but not on Win7 64-Bit.

I've attched a small sample, maybe it demonstrates it well.

Does anybody have any idea how to update the blockview content in Win7?
The thing is: the block will be updated. I had a quick check with placing the updated block in the drawing while the form is open: in the drawing was the updated block, the form still shows the old version of the same block. I removed it for your tests.

Click on a colored field or changed the toggle checkstate, then the blockview content must be updated.

Thanks for watching.

Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

owenwengerd

I'm not sure what to make of this, Fred. As best I can tell, the OpenDCL code is working correctly, so it sounds like some kind of display optimization. I'll investigate deeper when I have more time.

Fred Tomke

Thanks Owen for your reply.

I'm not sure if you meant with "I'm not sure what to make of this" but in case you didn't understand my problem then I try to explain other way:

I added a sample in the initial post. In this sample a block is defined at runtime and displayed in the blockview. The user can determine the left color by clicking one of the colored fields. Then the blockview shall be updated immediately. It works fine for me on XP x86 but it does not on Win 7 x64. My goal is to know if I can do something in Lisp to workaround or is it to be solved in the OpenDCL Runtime.

I hope it is more understandable. Sorry for my English, was late last night.

Regards
Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

owenwengerd

I understood you just fine. I don't understand why this happens, but I will investigate and let you know if I find a solution.