Version 7?

Started by kenkrupa, March 02, 2012, 12:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenkrupa

I just discovered 7.0.0.3 out there in my googling. Is this the new version being developed for R2013? If so, I haven't gotten it to work for me in R2013 (it does for 2012). Tried doing this:

(setq msi (findfile "OpenDCL.Studio.ENU.7.0.0.3.msi"))
  (startapp "msiexec.exe" (strcat "/i \"" msi "\""))

which did a Repair, but _OPENDCL is still an unknown command. Any advice? (I know a new official version of ODCL is due out at FCS of R2013, but I would like to get my program ready by then.)

owenwengerd

The runtime modules will be included in the OpenDCL distribution as soon as Autodesk releases the ObjectARX 2013 SDK. If you have Visual Studio you can build the 2013 .arx modules yourself by linking against the prerelease ObjectARX 2013 SDK.

kenkrupa

Quote from: owenwengerd on March 02, 2012, 01:04:59 PM
The runtime modules will be included in the OpenDCL distribution as soon as Autodesk releases the ObjectARX 2013 SDK. If you have Visual Studio you can build the 2013 .arx modules yourself by linking against the prerelease ObjectARX 2013 SDK.
As a humble LISP developer, that's beyond me, so I'll have to wait. Will there be any way for me to know when this happens? Thanks.

owenwengerd

You used to be able to sign up for email notifications of new releases on the SourceForge project page, but I'm not sure if this feature is still available. There will be a post on the OpenDCL blog as well, so you could subscribe to the blog news feed.