Visible parameter

Started by Emiliano, August 14, 2012, 01:01:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emiliano

On some occasions, for some controls, I added the parameter Visible = False directly in OpenDCL Studio.

The application works correctly, but OpenDCL Studio these controls disappear completely and then you are likely to forget about their existence or worse to place other controls on it.  :-[

You can avoid this annoying behavior OpenDCL Studio?

XDCAD

In fact you don't need to do so, can completely in your programs use dcl_Control_SetVisible control visibility.

owenwengerd

That sounds like a bug, and I will investigate. FWIW, you can still select the control in the Tab order list even when it is not visible.

Emiliano

Quote from: XDCAD on August 14, 2012, 05:49:03 AM
In fact you don't need to do so, can completely in your programs use dcl_Control_SetVisible control visibility.

Yes, of course,
but you must write code.
Furthermore, the application I'm doing is very complex and contains many reactors that are started automatically.
It becomes difficult to control this piece of code for me.

Emiliano

Quote from: owenwengerd on August 14, 2012, 07:35:59 AM
That sounds like a bug, and I will investigate. FWIW, you can still select the control in the Tab order list even when it is not visible.

Ok, I'm glad you think like me.
Eg. Visual Basic 6 hidden controls are always visible in the editor.

Let me know if the problem will be solved.
thanks

BazzaCAD

Quote from: owenwengerd on August 14, 2012, 07:35:59 AM

Owen, it's been like this for a long time.
Add a button, uncheck Visible, & it's hidden. Yes you can still select it from Tab order.
I think this started happening why back when you converted the controls to be WYSIWYG (or something like that).
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs
barryDOTralphsATgmailDOTcom

owenwengerd

It looks like I started to fix this, but never finished. It should be fixed now in the next build so that controls in Studio are always visible.