ActiveX grid control ?

Started by krunch, April 19, 2012, 01:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krunch

Hi

I have the same wish than several topics : how to color individual cells, how to allow multiple rows selection .. so I wonder about ActiveX grid controls.

My problem is :
- do they enable to get comboboxes with AutoCAd properties Color Linetype etc .. (column styles 3 31 33 32 22) like the default grid ?
- where can I find it ? There's no grid in the ActiveX control list (Win7-ACad2010)
- can we find documentation .. do you recomand to search in that direction ??

Thanks for your opinion ..

Fred Tomke

Hi, all such properties you see in the grid are cell overridings. Whenever you click into a cell, a subcontrol will get visible (dropdown, editbox). It is developed so in other languages, even if you simply use an ActiveX control. In the end, every language does the same. The function you call for an ActiveX control to change the backcolor or anything else, sets properties to override the standard display at the time  OnPaint will be fired.

Unfortunately, I cannot estimate the amount of code to implement backcolor to the build-in grid control because it is written in C++.

Regards, Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

krunch

Ok but are you saying that those overridings (column styles 3 31 33 32 22 in the odcl grid) are not implemented in the ActiveX ?

Several topics send to 'ActiveX grid control' but I can't find it in the ActiveX list, so I can't try it...

Fred Tomke

Hi, I'm not sure what you mean with
QuoteSeveral topics send to 'ActiveX grid control' but I can't find it in the ActiveX list, so I can't try it...
I do not know any activex control that supports autocad typical dropdowns like layerlist, plotstyles and linetypes.

Maybe, I wasn't clear enough:
What I meant with cell overridings is that such a grid was build using cell overridings. If you want to build your own activeX control (for instance in .NET) to use it with OpenDCL, you will have to program it, too.

The build-in activex control of OpenDCL is a generic container to provide different ActiveX controls even you own. All the properties you want to access have to be defined by you or the programmer before - in the development environment where the ActiveX control was created in (.NET for instance).

The easiest way to solve this would be to add methods to change the backcolor in the build-in grid control of OpenDCL. But I still have no idea where and how to start because I'm still not familiar with C++ and the OpenDCL project structure.

Regards, Fred
Fred Tomke

krunch

Ok understood

QuoteHi, I'm not sure what you mean
Yes for example here : http://www.opendcl.com/forum/index.php?topic=1582.0

QuoteI do not know any activex control that supports autocad typical dropdowns like layerlist, plotstyles and linetypes.
That's what I didn't undestood.

I'm not able to write C++ either ..
I was wondering how to improve feature in a project, and found these 2 things (which are the subject of other topics in the forum) : to color individual lines or cells, and to select multiple lines in the grid (like a list box) ..

Thanks for your answer
Regards

Fred Tomke

Hi,

yes, even if I ask Owen to introduce me the project to extend the grid control, I'm not familiar with c++ and how to access to grid cells and rows. In the C# it would not be a problem for me - I had some experiences in some .NET projects with cell overridings in listviews.

I have no experiences with flexgrid control. It is a generic ActiveX control - generic means in this case that it doesn't have any AutoCAD related styles like plotstyles, layers and so on. You would have to fill dropdown lists with pure textitems of layers (for instance) - if flexgrid supports dropdown, I even don't know if this control supports dropdowns in cells.

In such activex controls you have to get access to the subitems to control them. That's different to the build-in OpenDCL control from the view of AutoLISP.

Regards, Fred
Fred Tomke