Button click on modeless form higlights geometry (BricsCAD)

Started by roy_043, November 16, 2016, 07:16:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roy_043

While testing my first modeless form, I notice that clicking on a button will highlight geometry under the dialog. This occurs in BricsCAD V16 and V17 (I have not tried other versions). In BricsCAD V16 the Quad will even display. Is this a known issue?

Project:
See here: http://www.opendcl.com/forum/index.php?topic=2446.msg12212#msg12212

Program versions:
OpenDCL.Studio.ENU.8.1.1.1
BricsCAD-V17.1.04-2-en_US(x64)

owenwengerd

It looks like the event handler causes focus to revert to the drawing window, so that the button-up event gets sent there instead of the modeless form. I'll investigate.

P.S. A form with only buttons should almost always have KeepFocus=False. It doesn't have any effect on the bug, just a usability issue.

roy_043

Thank you Owen.
Your tip makes sense. I'll change the KeepFocus property in the sample project.

owenwengerd

This turns out to be a BricsCAD bug. I've submitted a bug report. From what I can tell it doesn't cause any major problems, just a bit disconcerting.

roy_043

Thanks.
I have meanwhile changed the KeepFocus property of the form to False. But there seems to be no effect. If I hover over the dialog after pressing a button and enter a letter (let's say "L") it is not sent to the BricsCAD Command Line as I would have expected. Perhaps this is related to the aforementioned bug?

owenwengerd

KeepFocus doesn't come into play until the mouse moves back over the drawing window. At that time, the drawing window steals focus back unless KeepFocus=true.

roy_043

Thank you for your explanation. In BricsCAD the drawing window also 'steals the focus' if KeepFocus is True. I assume that this is because the bug switches the focus.