Control bar not fully docked

Started by Jim Short, March 17, 2009, 05:44:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Short

Acad2004 OpenDCL5RC3

Left Docked Control bar does not re size to align with command bar at bottom upon form show.
Grabbing upper frame of command bar and moving slightly, will cause control bar to adjust and display properly.

Jim
Jim Short

owenwengerd

I cannot reproduce this with the _MasteDemo sample. Is the problem specific to your control bar, or does it occur with the sample as well?

Jim Short

Try placing a Tab Strip on the bottom of the DCLMaster | Basic. When I do it, the form in Studio collapses vertically to H=80 and is hidden until the height is changed in the property panel. Resizing the left edge of the Tab Strip to the left causes the Basic form to resize to the right. Also, note that Basic in the project tree now has three children: Basic, Advanced, and Blank.

Did the Tab control name change to Tab Strip or was it  always Tab Strip? The Tab control in my form does not behave as above.
Jim Short

owenwengerd

Good catch Jim. Due to the way tab pages are linked to their parent in OpenDCL, it is not possible to nest them. I'll fix Studio so that the tab strip is not allowed when a tab page is already open. And yes, the name changed when I wrote the new reference documentation.

Jim Short

Owen,
Is there any way to fix the graphic anomaly that appears in the upper right of the control when the the tabs are suppressed?
Jim
Jim Short

owenwengerd

I was able to eliminate the effect by setting the min tab width 4 pixels less than the tab control width (6 pixels less if Us Visual Styles is enabled).

Jim Short

Jim Short