PictureBox_SaveImageToPictureFile

Started by Fred Tomke, February 18, 2010, 04:06:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred Tomke

Hello,

before knowing it is worth to add as a new feature request I want to ask if it is possible at all to save the current picture stored in a picturebox into a bmp-file.
There is a PictureBox_LoadPictureFile method. So I dream of a PictureBox_SaveImageToPictureFile method.

Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

owenwengerd

What would be the real world goal for this? I think there may be repercussions that you haven't considered, but I'm interested in what you hope to achieve.

Fred Tomke

Hi, Owen, thank you for your reply. I want to save a bmp-file and I have no idea how to create a bmp file by lisp.
What for? When a user wants to create a toolbar item he wants to assign an image to display in the toolbar. So I wanted to display a small editor showing a 16x16 picture and a 24x24 picture so the user can draw a picture in and at least the images shall be saved automatically for the toolbaritem.

Fred
Fred Tomke

owenwengerd

Creating a bitmap file is a pretty ambitious goal, but I suppose it could be done by using the current display palette and color depth to save a device independent screen capture of the picture box client area. Building that logic into a PictureBox method would involve a lot of work, though, for a fairly limited set of use cases.

Fred Tomke

Thank you for your reply, Owen.
I'm wondering how others create bmp files. At first I thought, that when it is possible to load a bmp file stream to display in a picture box it would be nearly the same way to save a picture, but only returned. Your answer shows me that it is not so easy - that's why I asked here if it is easy to add in OpenDCL before adding as a feature request.
Indeed, there are much more important things to do than this.  ;)

Fred
Fred Tomke