Demand load problem

Started by CouchPotato, March 08, 2012, 07:29:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CouchPotato

I have installed Acad 2012 after installing the run time of OpenDCL.  "Opendcl" in the command line give "unknown command".  I have tried installing again and it gives me 2 option, remove or repair.  I have tried repair with no luck.  Do I need to remove and reinstall??

Dave

Fred Tomke

Hi, by default it should work after repair. If not, try reinstall. If it still does not work then try to add the registry key manually.
Regards, Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

CouchPotato

OK, forgive my ignorance.  I am on the machine that will be developing the dcl routines.  I have installed and reinstalled OpenDCL Studio 6.  My 2009 Acad version works fine, but my 2012 version does not.  I don't think I ever realized or thought about the runtime version.  I just installed Studio on my end users computers.    What do I need to do to get it (Studio) working on my computer with 2012?

Win XP64

Dave

BazzaCAD

Quote from: CouchPotato on March 08, 2012, 07:29:03 AM
I have installed Acad 2012 after installing the run time of OpenDCL.  "Opendcl" in the command line give "unknown command".  I have tried installing again and it gives me 2 option, remove or repair.  I have tried repair with no luck.  Do I need to remove and reinstall??
Dave

Since you've got things all messed up, I would uninstall ALL OpenDCL software (Studio & Run-time). Then reboot & install ONLY the Studio (the Studio includes the run-time, so you don't need to install it).
If that doesn't work let us know, maybe it's an issue with WinXP x64...
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs
barryDOTralphsATgmailDOTcom

owenwengerd

Make sure you're installing the latest version, because earlier versions did not support AutoCAD 2012. Also, make sure you have Administrator permission on the machine where you're running the instsall.

CouchPotato

I did the uninstall and reinstall.  Still no luck with 2012.  I happened to realize that I am running the 64 bit version of Autocad and Civil 3d 2012. Files go into the Program Files folder, not the (x86) folder.  Don't know if that is the problem.

Dave

Fred Tomke

Hello, by default OpenDCL Studio is installed to the Program Files (x86) folder. But it should be not the reason that the OpenDCL command is missing. Have a look at the Common Files folder. Is there an OpenDCL subfolder?

When Studio or Runtime is installed, the following keys are set for each installed supported AutoCAD product:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R18.2\ACAD-A000:407\Applications\OpenDCL]
"Loader"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Common Files\\OpenDCL\\OpenDCL.x64.18.arx"
"Description"="OpenDCL"
"LoadCtrls"=dword:0000000c

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R18.2\ACAD-A000:407\Applications\OpenDCL\Commands]
"OPENDCL"="OPENDCL"

Regards, Fred
Fred Tomke

CouchPotato

Fred, went to the registry.  All were there except the Command key.  I tried adding it, but am not sure I did it right.  However, I did add the arx file to the stratup suite of acad and it seems to work fine.  Not sure why the "Command" key wasn't there.

Dave 

owenwengerd

The key is Commands (plural). Please let us know the exact build of OpenDCL you're installing. Hopefully someone else running the 64-bit Civil3D 2012 can test to see if they have the same problem.

Fred Tomke

Yes, that's me. I'm using Civil 3D 2012 x64 DEU and I copied the registry key from there into this topic. That's why I know that the installation of Studio works fine and creates all the keys correctly.

Regards, Fred
Fred Tomke