Suggest for palettes dialog (Floating Option ?)

Started by stephan_35, June 16, 2009, 02:25:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephan_35

Hello,

Would it be possible to establish an option for the pallets to determine whether they should appear in the middle of the screen or not (Floating Option, which is enable in autocad).

Indeed, to date, from the display order send, they are placed by default row to the left or right depending on the storage options defined.

Best regards

Thanks
OpenDCL 6.0.0.6 / Editor 5.1.2.3  / Vista 32 Bits
Development of  specific tools for trades in AutoLisp - php - sql

owenwengerd

This is managed by AutoCAD in the user's workspace settings I think, so I'm not sure it's possible. You can submit a feature request for it.

stephan_35

That's true, in workspace setting we can select if the pallet is dockable or no !

But, when we open a new autocad pallet , it never be already dockabled, appear in middle of sreen ....

Thanks.

blasto

Hi there,
I have been wondering the same. interestingly one of my palette starts floating and the other does not..
Finally I figured out that if you close the drawing while the palette is still open palettes floating state and position is kept in mind ;)
so next time you run your lisp, palette appears floating. isn't it nice ;D

Fred Tomke

Hi blasto,

thanks for this interesting hint. I will try that. I'm wondering where it is written, when it will be saved during closing a drawing. Will it only be kept for the drawing or for all drawings?

Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

stephan_35

Quote from: Fred Tomke on August 14, 2009, 01:21:00 PM
Will it only be kept for the drawing or for all drawings?

In my case, this work for all drawing !

I'm wondering too where it is written !! maybe in register, i will have a look !

thanks  ;)

stephan_35

Hello,

I didn't found anything about palette, but you can find dialog box size in profile/opendcl registry key ....

owenwengerd

Look in e.g.:
%AppData%\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2010\R18.0\enu\Support\Profiles\<YourProfile>.aws

Fred Tomke

Hm, thanks Owen, but it seems that my palettes are missing in these aws-files. Does anybody find his palette in such an aws-files?

Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

stephan_35

Quote from: Fred Tomke on August 21, 2009, 04:26:28 AM
Hm, thanks Owen, but it seems that my palettes are missing in these aws-files. Does anybody find his palette in such an aws-files?

I have a look in these files also, and no found my palette, but some are store by id name, and i don't realy know which palette it was .... seems to be hard to find them ;)

best regards

owenwengerd

I don't remember which file it is saved in, but a search for the previous discussions about this should turn up exactly where the settings are stored. I would experiment with saving your workspace to see if that saves the current settings.