Font colour on frame

Started by mr nick, June 04, 2009, 03:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr nick

Is there any way to alter the colour of the text used in a frame? I ask this not because I want to do it but for some reason, one of my dialogs is showing the frame caption with a white font rather than black. I have tried deleteing the frame and adding another but that comes in with white text too. I initially thought it was related to the visual styles setting but this has no bearing on the way it's displayed.

**EDIT**
I have just tried this on another machine and it's all back to normal. It seems that all dialogs I have compiled on a machine running Windows 7 have got this issue with the frame text. If I edit them on an XP or Vista machine then the frames go back to normal.

Kerry

mr nick,

does this only occur when the defining editor is installed on a Win7 box
... and/or when the dialog is displayed on a Win7 box. ?

/// kdub
Perfection is not optional.
My other home is TheSwamp

BazzaCAD

I'll beat it's a visual styles issue with Win 7.
I'm sure Owen will take a look at it when it ships.
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs
barryDOTralphsATgmailDOTcom

mr nick

Sorry for the delay in responding - I forgot to turn on notifications.

Anyway, the problem only seems to occur when the dialog is edited on a Win7 box. If I create a dialog on a Vista or XP machine and then use it on my Win7 machine it displays as expected in black. The fix has been easy enough - just had to open and resave the files in my XP machine. Just lucky I've got three machines and three different OS's to choose from :)

owenwengerd

Have you compared properties between correct and incorrect versions to see what is different? The font would be a good one to check.

Fred Tomke

Hello, I waited for a long time if somebody else would have this. mr. nick, can you tell me, if you show ClassicStyle in Win 7? The white colored frame caption can be reproduced in Win XP and Win Vista, too - if VisualStyles are switched off in Windows (!!!).

Mr. nick, do you find the style how your frame does look like in the following screenshots? I made the samples to compare. I did not publish them before because for me it's hard to explain. But now I try it. I ask you all not to be angy with me but - wouldn't it make more sense to show the controls where the property UseVisualStyle is set only in visual styles if also Windows is using VisualStyles? The problem is - I have really no idea how to read out whether Windows uses VisualStyles or not.

Now the screenshots:
xp = Windows XP Pro
vista = Vista Business
vs = Windows uses VisuaStyles
novs = Windows uses no VisualStyles

Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

Fred Tomke

Here is XP blue and the project I used.
Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

mr nick

So it's not just me then.. that's good. In answer to your question Fred, yes I am using the 'classic' interface. I always do regardless of OS. Due to this it's always been a frustration that it's not possible to force a default setting for the visual styles option. I always turn them off in my projects as the results are hit and miss depending on the end-users configuration so by turning them off I know that what I see is what they will see.