Grid style 39 does not allow point

Started by Fred Tomke, June 26, 2008, 05:05:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred Tomke

Hello,

[5.0.0.19 DEU]

before adding it as a bug report I want to know if somebody can reproduce it:
I have a form with grid. In a cell setting style 39 at runtime I cannot input the decimal delimiter "." although 38 is for integer I thougth. The droplist can be added successfully. The decimal delimiter is also shown when using dcl_grid_setitemtext. But I cannot input "." by hand.

Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

owenwengerd

I cannot reproduce the problem in the ENU version.

Fred Tomke

Hello Owen,

I've attached an example to test. I cannot input the value 1.3 instead of 5. Can you?

Fred
Fred Tomke

owenwengerd

I can enter 1.3 without any problem (but I did notice that backspace doesn't work -- that is a bug). I tested both the ENU and the DEU versions.

owenwengerd

I just had an idea: the input is validated by the ObjectARX equivalent of the AutoLISP (distof) function.  What happens if you try (distof "1.3") at the command line?  In any case, I suppose Windows localization settings and/or AutoCAD units settings could have some bearing on this problem.

Fred Tomke

Hello, Owen,

I was out for some days with my wife, so I can answer now: Decimal delimiter (Windows setting) is ",". But AutoCAD works partial different of that: decimal delimiter in AutoCAD DEU version is ".".

The return values of atof and distof are reals:

Befehl: (distof "1.3")

Befehl: (atof "1.3")

I think that the AutoCAD standard and not the windows-setting should be used.
On the other hand: item style 9 works very well. Isn't it the same style for internal editbox?

Fred
Fred Tomke

owenwengerd

Quote from: Fred Tomke on June 30, 2008, 01:27:00 PM
On the other hand: item style 9 works very well. Isn't it the same style for internal editbox?

Yes, both styles should be using identical filters in their edit boxes.

Fred Tomke

Hello Owen,

I can enter 1.3 in grid itemstyle 9. So that's why I'm confused 'cause it don't work at the example I attached before.
I will have some tests this week with other forms.

Fred
Fred Tomke