Event handlers in studio

Started by thatcadguy, September 08, 2009, 07:55:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thatcadguy

It would be nice if there was a command/function in the studio to check/rewrite all the event handler functions.  Just about every time I have a really wacky error, it ends up getting solved by my going back to the studio and uncheck/rechecking the event handlers so that they rewrite correctly.  Sometimes it's because I renamed the form or something (my fault), more recently I've seen it tack on an extra character or something after the fact.

Point being, since the event handler function naming is set by the studio program, it'd be nice if they auto-updated when you changed the name of a control or a form.  As it stands right now, you have to go back and uncheck/recheck all of the event handlers.  I don't know if that's what the set/clear lisp symbol names tools are supposed to do or not, but if they are, they don't work.

Fred Tomke

Hi, thatcadguy, since it is possible to overwrite an event function name, the event function name won't be updated automatically after renaming the form or control. But to force to update the event function names on demand seems to be an interesting feature. I suggest you to add it at the new feature request list: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=187950&atid=923366

Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

thatcadguy

I didn't know you could override the name.  Thanks Fred.

Fred Tomke

Yes, and that can save code if different events shall call the same function!  :)
I like it very much.

Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]