Background and Transparency in Version 5.0

Started by velasquez, December 16, 2008, 02:43:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

velasquez

The inclusion of the property of background color in a form and of transparency in the controls are excellent for OpenDCL. 
But some controls don't work well with transparency they make the bad work. 
Can this be modified? 
Thanks

owenwengerd

The only solution I'm aware of is to set your controls to not use visual styles. When you use a visual style, the style overrides the background colors in some controls.

velasquez

Only to know, if which won't the transparency property work well the reason for her to exist?

BazzaCAD

Quote from: velasquez on December 16, 2008, 12:33:41 PM
Only to know, if which won't the transparency property work well the reason for her to exist?

Because it does work well. These are just a small few example where it doesn't.
Sometimes these types of issues are outside of Owen's control. Microsoft creates the controls and down always expose everything for manipulation.
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs
barryDOTralphsATgmailDOTcom

mr nick

I have just run into this issue myself when trying to set the color of one of my dialogs. Would I be correct in thinking that it is currently impossible to get a frame and a tabstrip to correctly display a transparent or colored background? Most other items can be resolved by turning off the themes but these two don't seem to work for me  :'(

Fred Tomke

Hello, mr_nick, can you upload a project file where we can see this form?

Please note: if the user changes the windows system colors that may have negative influence to your forms. so handle with care!

Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

mr nick

Do I need to upload anything? The issues I'm seeing are the same as those in the image in the first post - i.e the text on the frame won't display on a transparent background and the area at the side of all the tabs will also only display in grey.

Fred Tomke

Frame: If you don't override the form's back color you won't have any problems with the background of the caption. On the other hand you can set the frame's caption to an empty string and draw a label control onto the frame. Then it will be transparent, too.

Tab: It may be a display setting in Windows that the tabs with VisualStyle are white in the background. I cannot say anything about this.

I also tried the original Microsoft Frame control as ActiveX control but this doesn't support transpareny in OpenDCL so far as I could see.

Fred
Fred Tomke

mr nick

Quote from: Fred Tomke on March 05, 2009, 12:39:41 AM
Frame: .... you can set the frame's caption to an empty string and draw a label control onto the frame. Then it will be transparent, too.

OK, this has given me a workable solution - not ideal but better than nothing.

Quote from: Fred Tomke on March 05, 2009, 12:39:41 AM
Tab: ..... I also tried the original Microsoft Frame control as ActiveX control but this doesn't support transpareny in OpenDCL so far as I could see.

I just tried this in VBA and it's not possible there either so I'm guessing this one's a no-go.

Thanks for the tip on the first one Fred  :)

velasquez

Hi 
I got to solve the problem in TabControl using a PictureBox. 
It seems that worked well.

Velasquez

Fred Tomke

Hi, velasquez, that looks fine. Am I right that you put an image in the background of each tab with the gradient blue to white?

Fred
Fred Tomke

velasquez

Hi Fred, you this certain? 
See the image.

Fred Tomke

Fred Tomke

Fred Tomke

velasquez:

When I use your image file I only see a grey rectangle and not a gradient. Do you really use this file? But maybe you don't load this file into the image list of the *.odcl project file?

Fred
Fred Tomke

BazzaCAD

a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs
barryDOTralphsATgmailDOTcom