re-write projects?

Started by jb, July 31, 2008, 06:26:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb

You guy's who are using 5.0.0.20, are you having to re-write your projects from 4 or just opening them up in the editor and saving?  I've just been playing around - just opening up an old 4 project and was having some pretty bad problems.  So I decided to do a simple project to post for Owen, started it from scratch in a 5, and guess what? Yep, worked flawlessly!

So, am I going to need to start from scratch?

How about cutting and pasting controls from 4 to 5??

thanks for your input!!
James Buzbee
Managing Memeber
Black Horse Development, LLC

Fred Tomke

Hello, I had such a problem, too.
I solved that saving the old project step by step in
- OpenDCL.Studio.4.0.2.4
- OpenDCL.Studio.ENU.4.1.2.2
- OpenDCL.Studio.ENU.5.0.0.x

That should work.

Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

owenwengerd

Quote from: jb on July 31, 2008, 06:26:45 AM
So, am I going to need to start from scratch?
How about cutting and pasting controls from 4 to 5??

If you have old projects that don't open correctly, please email them so I can have a look.  Copying and pasting definitely won't work from 4 to 5.

jb

thanks for the input Owen.

The projects I have are pretty big - do you just want the .odcl file to look at or something you can pull up in AutoCAD??
James Buzbee
Managing Memeber

owenwengerd

James, I just need enough to see the problem. You didn't say what the problem was, but I assume they fail to open int he editor, or are not correct after the open. In that case, all I need is the .odcl file and a description of what is wrong.

jb

Sorry, no - they open fine in the editor.

The two problems I had were a splitter nowhere on the form thus mucking up the associated controls and a very weird problem with a listbox: the double click event fires a routine that uses 2009's Mleader command.  it's almost like the info gets sent asynchronously.

But the really interesting part is when I started a project from scratch non of the above happened.

Let me see if I can par down the project and still get it to mess up.  I'll post it when I can.

Thanks.

Great job!!
James Buzbee
Managing Memeber

jb

AUTOCAD 2009
OpenDCL 5.0.0.20

Ok - here's my problem project.  Sorry it's so big.

Problems:
Painting (thinking it's due to the splitter)
asynchronous command call (once I re-wrote the entire odcl project in the new 5.0.0.20 editor this problem went away.  now I'd like to note have to do that on every project, so maybe there is a fix.)

kb002-odcl.lsp has all the routines to control the form.
kb002-form.lsp has the compiled info from kb002.lsp and uses dcl_project_import.
kb002.lsp / kb002.odcl are the project definition files edited by the studio editor.

the rest are support files.

what this beast does;
Make sure Project.key is in AutoCAD's search path.  This is a simple tab delimited text file that contains Keys and Notes.  The program uses this file to insert notes and keynotes into the drawing.  Now I use AutoCAD Architecture 2009 utilizing the Project Navigator so everything is Project specific.  I should have all the search defaulting to the search path if the Project path's not there.  Let me know if there are any problems.

After loading all the .lsp files call KBKEYNOTES at the command line.  This should appear:

If I caught all my search defaults then the form should be populated with keynotes.  Double click on the keynote listBox to ad a keynote.
James Buzbee
Managing Memeber

owenwengerd

I loaded your .lsp files in AutoCAD 2009 on Vista and ran KBKEYNOTES. I received some argument exceptions, but after dismissing those, the form displayed and I didn't notice any painting problems. The splitter appears to be working correctly. It would help if you describe exactly what the problems are, and the exact steps to reproduce them.

jb

Owen,

Ah, got the splitter working.  I think it may have been an error in the registry?  I set the height programatically and it's working nicely.

However,

Did you try to add a keynote?  Double clicking on the keynote list box??  It's as if autocad is ignoring the pauses in the following:

(command ".mleader" "_O" "_C" "_M" "_X" pause pause "." "")

the pauses are to allow the user to pick the 2 points for the mleader.

This is echoed to the command line:

QuoteCommand: kbPlaceNote .mleader
Specify leader arrowhead location or [leader Landing first/Content
first/Options] <Options>: _O
Enter an option [Leader type/leader lAnding/Content type/Maxpoints/First
angle/Second angle/eXit options] <eXit options>: _C
Select a content type [Block/Mtext/None] <Mtext>: _M
Enter an option [Leader type/leader lAnding/Content type/Maxpoints/First
angle/Second angle/eXit options] <Content type>: _X
first/Options] <Options>:
Invalid Input. <== first pause
first/Options] <Options>:
Specify leader landing location: .
Invalid Input. <== second pause
Specify leader landing location:
Enter text: *Cancel*

???

Interesting.

When I go back to the old 4.1.2.2 project, using the 5.0.0.20 arx file, everything works fine.  So it must be something with the OnMouseMovedOff event.

Thanks for any help.
James Buzbee
Managing Memeber

owenwengerd

Quote from: jb on August 02, 2008, 07:29:23 AM
Ah, got the splitter working.  I think it may have been an error in the registry?
Did you try to add a keynote?  Double clicking on the keynote list box??  It's as if autocad is ignoring the pauses in the following:

It's very possible that the splitter problem was due to a saved registry setting. The MLEADER command is workjing as expected for me, pausing until I select two points, then placing the leader at the picked points.

Fred Tomke

Hi, jb, maybe my remembering is wrong, but it sounds similiar to an existing question of yours I (and Owen) answered here: http://www.opendcl.com/forum/index.php?topic=356.msg1560#msg1560.

Am I wrong?

Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

jb

Wow, your right Fred - had forgotten that.  :-[   That's a shame really.

Owen, any thoughts of a workaround??
James Buzbee
Managing Memeber

owenwengerd

Quote from: jb on August 04, 2008, 05:12:57 AM
Owen, any thoughts of a workaround??

The only solution I can see is to disable the form while a command is active.