I tried to use Barry's code, I think I am not using it correctly to upload data

Started by Hypersonic, April 05, 2010, 08:38:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hypersonic

Thank you Barry for the code, I am trying to adapt it to put data into a file I have on my web server.
I think I have butchered it somehow....

I tried, maybe I have not formated something properly?

I am really not sure about how to format the new data to push into the file.....
Based on what you had, I think it follows the file path?  I tried " this is new data for the file"....

Thanks for the help, I know I am asking for a lot of help, I just am really stuck with this  :P

This is what I tried.....
(defun push ()

(setq webObj nil)

(setq strUrl (strcat "http://stampingsolutionsgroup.com/rcmtool/stationformdata/formdata_bob.txt" " this is new data for the file"))

(setq webObj (vlax-invoke-method (vlax-get-acad-object) 'GetInterfaceObject "WinHttp.WinHttpRequest.5.1"))

(vlax-invoke-method webObj 'Open "GET" strUrl :vlax-true)

(vlax-invoke-method webObj 'Send) 

);end defun

BazzaCAD

That's definitely not going to work.... :)
You're just sending a URL to a file named "formdata_bob.txt this is new data for the file"
You need to send "this is new data for the file" as an argument to a PHP file & have the PHP file pars the arguments & write to the "formdata_bob.txt" file.
I'll see if a can but a working example together...
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs
barryDOTralphsATgmailDOTcom

BazzaCAD

OK I think I got a little working example for ya.
(Note; I know very little PHP, I just hacked this together from the PHP Tutorial link I gave you before)
Try this:

Code (autolisp) Select

(defun push (file temp1 temp2 / )
 (setq webObj nil)
 (setq strUrl (strcat "http://www.opendcl.com/temp/FileWrite.php?file=" file  "&temp1=" temp1 "&temp2=" temp2))
 (setq webObj (vlax-invoke-method (vlax-get-acad-object) 'GetInterfaceObject "WinHttp.WinHttpRequest.5.1"))
);end defun

(push "formdata_bob.txt" "Hello" "World")

PHP code:

<?php

//get variables from URL
$myFile $_GET['file'];
$temp1 $_GET['temp1'];
$temp2 $_GET['temp2'];

//Open file & write to it
$fh fopen($myFile'w') or die("can't open file");
$stringData $temp1 "/t";
fwrite($fh$stringData);
$stringData $temp2 "/t";
fwrite($fh$stringData);
fclose($fh);

//echo variables for debugging in the browser, not returned to Lisp
echo $myFile "/t";
echo 
$temp1 "/t";
echo 
$temp2 "/t";

?>

This assumes the .PHP & .TXT file are in the same folder, has no error checking or security.
I'll leave these file up in the "www.opendcl.com/temp" folder for you to play with, but will take them down in a few day.
Hope this helps...

Barry
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs

Hypersonic

Hypersonic

I tried that method, it would not allow me access to the temp directory Barry listed, something about permisions....
So I tweaked the code to point at my web server.... but it does not seem to work.
So I entered the commands in one at a time on the command line making sure the StrURl was set first.

It returns nil where it should be opening the web object, I am guessing this is not what it should do....
Any thoughts?

Command: *Cancel*
Command: !strurl
"http://www.stampingsolutionsgroup.com/home/wihon/public_html/bquinn/FileWrite.p
hp?file=formdata_bob.txt&temp1=Hello&temp2=World"
Command: (setq webObj (vlax-invoke-method (vlax-get-acad-object)
'GetInterfaceObject "WinHttp.WinHttpRequest.5.1")) #<VLA-OBJECT IWinHttpRequest
0bae4100>
Command: (vlax-invoke-method webObj 'Open "GET" strUrl :vlax-true)
nil
Command: (vlax-invoke-method webObj 'Send)
nil

File used is below....

(defun push (file temp1 temp2 / ) 
  (setq webObj nil) 
  (setq strUrl (strcat "http://www.stampingsolutionsgroup.com/home/wihon/public_html/bquinn/FileWrite.php?file=" file  "&temp1=" temp1 "&temp2=" temp2)) 
);end defun 

BazzaCAD

a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs

BazzaCAD

Yes these 2 lines always return nil

a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs

Hypersonic

Hi Barry, I will work on the path, its hard to tell where the stuff is at with the Cpanel interface, (or maybe its just my lack of web-site understanding!)

Thanks, Bob.

BazzaCAD

a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs

Hypersonic

Hi Barry, thanks for all your help! I think we got it going, something about case sensitive paths, and they didn't match or something!

Thanks for all your help!