Multiple Option Buttons

Started by rlstanford, March 11, 2009, 08:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rlstanford

How can I have two sets of option buttons on a form. Is it the "begin group" feature? If it is there is no end group feature. I am really just trying to figure out how to group my option buttons into sections.
Thanks,
-Russ

owenwengerd

The group starts at the option button with 'BeginGroup' set and ends at the last option button before the 'BeginGroup'. So, just set 'BeginGroup' for the first one in each group, and they should work correctly.

BazzaCAD

You can also use the OptionList control if your groups are stacked vert. Also have a look at the Z/tab order panel. If you don't create your options in the right order, this where you can fix it.
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs
barryDOTralphsATgmailDOTcom

rlstanford

I noticed the options list, and that works, but the restaints are vertical of course. I suppose going that route you could have two option lists. It's just a little mores code.
I tried the begin group but I just couldn't get it to work. I am sure I am diong something fundametally wrong.
Thanks for the help. I will try the begin group again and see if I can't figure out where I went wrong.
-Russ

owenwengerd

Make sure your controls are listed in the Z-Order list with the 'BeginGroup' option button first, and the other buttons below the first one. If you're still having trouble, you could post your files so someone else can try duplicating the problem.

rlstanford

I did try that, but I must be doing something wrong. I will have to experiment some on this project. I thought I had it set up right. You set the new group on the top Z order list and and say you have 5 underneath that. Pick the next button you would like to start a new group for and make sure that the button is underneath all the items in the previous group. I think I understand it, but haven't been able to get it to work correctly.
-Russell