studio apparently opening off screen

Started by mkweaver, May 11, 2009, 05:06:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mkweaver

Using studio version 5.1.0.1 Alpha with Autocad 2010 Beta.

Open DCL is apparently opening off-screen.  When it starts up nothing shows up on screen.  I get the task-bar button but that's it.  If I right click on the task-bar button I can pick maximize and studio shows up.  However, if I pick restore from the system menu then studio disappears.

Do I just need to reinstall?

Mike Weaver

owenwengerd

You'll need to move it to the correct location; a reinstall will not help.  Does it Maximize correctly?  If not, you may need to correct your monitor configuration.  In any case, use <Alt><Space>M to move it back to where you want it.

mkweaver

Yes, it maximizes correctly, but restores completely off screen, so I will be guessing as to which direction to make the move.

I went to the registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\OpenDCL\OpenDCL Studio\Studio) and changed TopLeftX and TopLeftY (They were over 40000 - completely out of the range of my display resolution) but it didn't help.

I'll try <alt><space>M when I get a few minutes.

owenwengerd

mkweaver

Fred Tomke

I want to share my experience, too. It does not depend on OpenDCL only, but also on other applications like WinZip and so on.

• Start OpenDCL
  • Maximize the application window
  • Hit <Windows-Key>-D to show desktop only
  • RightClick OpenDCL Icon in the taskbar
  • Close the application (note: you still don't see the editor.)
  • Start OpenDCL again
  • it won't be visible
  • you find the app only in the task bar
  • you cannot make the application window visible by clicking the OpenDCL icon in the taskbar
  • RightClick OpenDCL Icon in the taskbar
  • Call maximize in the contextmenu
  • OpenDCL is maximized now and cannot be changed into resizable mode (if you want to it disappears)
  • Close OpenDCL when it is maximized
  • Start OpenDCL a last time
  • It can be changed into resizable mode again.

I don't know if it is possible to get into a code between the user has doble clicked the icon and the application window will be shown to change the window coordinates?

Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

owenwengerd

Thanks Fred, I've now added code to open in "restored" state when this situation is detected.

mkweaver

Fred, I think you described the path I went down to arrive at my problem.

Thanks for the description.

Mike