Alignment of 1st column in Grid without Row Header

Started by roy_043, May 21, 2014, 11:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roy_043

I am trying to create a 'neutral' grid without row headers. But somehow the alignment of the first column differs from that of the other columns. There is more left margin. Is there a way to remove this extra margin?

I have tried using dcl-Control-SetColumnAlignmentList but that does not solve it.
Note: If dcl-Control-SetColumnAlignmentList is used on a filled grid all columns except the first lose their content. To test this uncomment line 23 in the .lsp file.

owenwengerd

The grid control is based on the ListView control in report view mode, and that control is structured as rows of items, with each item containing subitems. The first column represents the "item", the other columns represent subitems. As such, the first column is treated differently in various respects, apparently including spacing. I believe I recall someone working around this by setting the first column width to zero, and making column 1 the first visible column.

I will have a look at (dcl-SetColumnAlignmentList).

owenwengerd

The next build of OpenDCL 8 should now preserve grid cell contents when calling (dcl-SetColumnAlignmentList).