Grid control issue with column click

Started by johnM, September 23, 2009, 10:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnM

autocad 2004 : opendcl runtime arx 5.1.1.8
I have a grid and I have a modal box that will display at the mouse coordinates when a column header is clicked. I’m using the modal box as a menu to insert clm’s before/after the clicked column.
When I click the column grid header the modal box shows but the grid still has focus until you click anywhere again, on screen on the main form or the modal form. Then you can single click the buttons on the modal form or you have to click the buttons on the modal form twice.

Any suggestions

owenwengerd

This is now fixed for Alpha 6. To work around the problem in 5.1, try this:

(defun showmenu () (dcl_Form_Show MyProject_MyForm))

(defun c:MyProject_MyForm_MyGrid_OnColumnClick (Column /)
  (dcl_DelayedInvoke 0 "showmenu")
)

johnM

thanks that worked great
you just needed to make the showmenu defun with a C:showmenu otherwise you get an error "no function found"

thanks for the quick reply

mjacak

Hi Owen

This problem still ocurres with OpenDCL 7.0.0.2 for modal forms. When grid is in modal form and I show menu form (modal as well) column keep focus. In this case I can't use workaround with dcl_DelayedInvoke. 

Is any other solution ?

Mateusz

owenwengerd

I'll have a look. Did the problem exist in Alpha 1 or was it was introduced in Alpha 2?

mjacak

Hi Owen.

I noticed this problem for 6.0.2.5, 7.0.0.1 and 7.0.0.2, but could exist before as well.

Thanks
Mateusz

owenwengerd

This should now be fixed in the next alpha build.

mjacak

Hi Owen.

The problem still ocurres with OpenDCL 7.0.0.3. I hope you can find solution  :).

Mateusz

owenwengerd

Please try to create a very simple .odcl and .lsp that demonstrates the problem so I can be sure what you are experiencing.

mjacak

Hi Owen.

I attached an example and short video to show the problem.

Thanks
Mateusz

owenwengerd

I've added a bit more code to address the problem, so hopefully the next build will resolve this for you. There is still some potential for problems due to the fact that the column button never gets the "mouse up" event that it is waiting for, but at least the secondary dialog works as expected.

mjacak

The point is to act on second form without additional click. I'm waiting for next build to test it.

Thanks a lot Owen.

Mateusz

owenwengerd

I had to upload new MSI files to correct a problem with inclusion of system DLLs, so I snuck in this fix as well. The version didn't change, so you must uninstall the original 7.0.0.3 before installing the new one.

mjacak

Problem solved. :-). Works as expected.

Thanks again.
Mateusz