Form Doesn't Load

Started by CouchPotato, December 02, 2010, 07:38:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CouchPotato

I just started in OpenDCL.  I have created a project and a form in the project.  I am now trying to load the form.  I have loaded "_Opendcl" and did the project load of my project "PipeInvertCalc".  I am trying to "Show" the form (Form Name "InverCalc").  I type in (dcl_from_show invertcalc) but get the attached error screen.  Is my syntax wrong for the Show command or is something possibly wrong with the form itself?   

BazzaCAD

You didn't include the project name..
If you use the control browser & copy the code to the clipboard & paste it into your lsp, it will add all that info for you...

(dcl_Form_Show ProjName_Form1)

a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs
barryDOTralphsATgmailDOTcom

CouchPotato

Thanks.  I thought I had tried that without success but it seems to work now.  However, if I make a change to the form and want to test it, what do I need to do to relaod the updated form?  I tried making a change and saving it, but the update wouldn't load until I exited out of acad and re-entered.

BazzaCAD

Turn on the reload flag for the project load.

(dcl_Project_Load "ProjectFilePath.odcl" T)
http://www.opendcl.com/HelpFiles/index.php?page=Reference/Method/Project/Load.htm

Have you gone through the Beginners Tutorial yet?
http://opendcl.com/wordpress/?page_id=10
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs

CouchPotato

Thanks again.  I was doing an unload and then reload.  No I haven't done the tutorial (could you tell?).  I guess I didn't even look for one.  I will go through that and see if I can do better. 

BazzaCAD

See it sounds like the tutorial wasn't obvious for you to find....?
Did you find the main OpenDCL site first or the Forums?

Just trying to figure out how to make OpenDCL easier for newcomers to learn it.
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs

CouchPotato

I tend to scan sites quickly for solutions.  I went to the main OpenDCL/wordpress site first and started looking for a place to ask questions.  I searched around a bit and found the forums and went right to that.  I didn't even think about a tutorial.  I guess, for me, instruction books are the last place to look.  I will have to remember this in my future searches.  I just went back to the site and along the right hand side is where the different support things are located including the Help tab.  It might be good to put the Tutorial in this same section.