No Events tab in 5.1.0.1?

Started by LanceG, April 05, 2009, 11:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LanceG

Howdy all -- I'm the newest of the newbies, having just started to try to use ODCL, but when I tried the initial "Hello world" tutorial, I have been unable to get anything to show up on the Events tab.  Properties displays everything correctly, but Events is completely blank.  I have years of experience with VB/VBA, so the behavior of the editor is not completely foreign to me.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and it did not change this behavior.  Am I missing something obvious, or is there something wrong with my download?  Guess I'll try re-downloading next.

Thanks for filling this bodacious hole in the graphical piece of AutoLISP....

Lance

LanceG

Tried a second download, and FC (File Compare) showed no differences, so it's not the file.  I uninstalled and reinstalled with 5.0.2.3, and it (or probably I) has (have) the same problem.  I have opened a couple of sample .odcl files, and still see nothing on the Events tab (YES, I am selecting the dialog, so it's visible).

Because 5.1.0.1 and 5.0.2.3 are doing the same thing, I suspect that I have a setting that's preventing it from working.  Can anybody give me a clue?

owenwengerd

Did you install on a local drive, or on a network drive?  Which version of Windows?  Can you attach a screen shot?

LanceG

Hi, Owen -- Thanks for your attention.  I installed on my boot drive (C:) and am running XP on this computer, with SP3.  Here's a screen shot.  As you can see, there's nothing on the Events tab.

Do I need to have AutoCAD running and a LSP file loaded to see anything over there?  I told you I was a newbie.  I didn't see anything under Events even after starting AutoCAD, starting the VLIDE, starting a new file in the same directory as the .odcl file, pasting in the example code (it ran correctly) in the first section, and saving it.

I'm sure there's something simple wrong, but what?

Lance

LanceG

Oh, sorry -- I should have opened the dialog before capturing.  Here's the Properties Screen and the Events screen with what I described.

owenwengerd

With the form open, try expanding the height of the property/events pane by dragging the bottom divider lower on your screen. The screen shot shows not enough space in the events list to display anything, which would explain the problem.

LanceG

Thank you, Owen.  That's EXACTLY what was wrong.  Works like a charm now.  I was sure it was something easy, but when you don't know what "normal behavior" is....

I have to tell you -- it's really cool to have you dealing with user issues.

Lance

BazzaCAD

Can I ask what your screen resolution is set to?
Your attached screen shots are 760x476 & that seams pretty low unless you resized them or cropped them or something...

a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs
barryDOTralphsATgmailDOTcom

LanceG

Actually, my screen is 1600x1200.  I had simply not set the OpenDCL dialog any bigger than it came up originally, so when I captured it, that's what I got.  I hope I've learned my lesson.

Lance