Font Size Scaled to Monitor or Font Size in Pixels

Started by Kelie, June 28, 2009, 01:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelie

Which one do you normally use? Is one more preferable than the other? Thanks.

Fred Tomke

Hi Kelie, I had better results with Font Size in Pixels, so that's my default.

Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

Kelie

Thanks Fred. I guess I'll do more testing myself. I was guessing "scaled to monitor" is better because that way if someone has a big monitor, the font size will increase accordingly, but maybe the other way is preferred.

owenwengerd

The problem with "scaled to monitor" is that font sizes change, but control and form sizes don't. I think "scaled to monitor" would generally only be useful in special cases.

Kelie

Fred Tomke

Quote from: owenwengerd on June 30, 2009, 11:21:36 AM
The problem with "scaled to monitor" is that font sizes change, but control and form sizes don't.

That's the point. Would there be a chance to change it easily? If so, "scaled to monitor" would be the best way to make the OpenDCL forms consistent to the other Windows forms after scaling the font in the Windows Display settings. We do have some older users who have set their 19" screen to 1024x768 and 120 % font scaling and they're are wondering why some forms (OpenDCL forms) are still small.

Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

owenwengerd

Changing that will require a lot of painstaking work going through all OpenDCL code that deals with sizes.  I hope to do that in the future, but it will be a long term project to get it all changed.