Sizing modeless forms using the cursor in Studio

Started by AutoKAD, November 25, 2009, 04:13:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoKAD

Studio - Stable Release: 5.1.2.3

When stretching a modeless form to size it using the cursor in Studio the change is shown but not applied.  After resizing the modeless form using the cursor, you cannot move a control beyond the previous size.  The only way to size the modeless form is to manually enter the size in its properties.  Can someone confirm that they are having the same issue?

BazzaCAD

a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs
barryDOTralphsATgmailDOTcom

Kerry

AutoKAD'
Are you able to post a small sample  LSP and ODCL to demonstrate. ?
Perfection is not optional.
My other home is TheSwamp

AutoKAD

You won't need a sample for this one.  Do the following to quickly reproduce this behavior:

Note: Behavior seems to be somewhat random.  I can't figure out a specific pattern. (see note below 6)

1. Start up Studio
2. Add a modeless form
3. Change TitleBar = False
4. Add another modeless form
5. Change TitleBar = False
6. *Resizing with cursor FAIL. (resized values are not applied to the form's height and width properties)
      *Note: this sometimes will not occur on the second form addition, a third or forth addition is sometimes needed to reproduce behavior.
7. Add a control to that form in which cursor resizing failed.  You cannot move the control past the default size.
8. Behavior carriers over regardless of new form type and with new projects in same Studio instance.

The TitleBar  property seems to be the culprit.  I've tried this with other properties set to false and was unable to reproduce the same behavior.

-Kevin

owenwengerd

I could not reproduce this in OpenDCL 6, so it may be something that was fixed in the meantime. It would be helpful if you could try to reproduce in OpenDCL 6 to see if you can verify that the problem has been fixed.

AutoKAD

You're right Owen.  This cannot be reproduced in OpenDCL 6.  Switching to 6 right now.

Thanks!

-Kevin