Form Open, Close, Hide

Started by Kerry, February 08, 2008, 05:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerry

Firstly,
Thanks for the great looking updated editor. Sorry I haven't been able to make more time to be actively involved ..

Owen,
Could we have a built in methodology for handling the temporary Hiding of forms,
.. and also for handling the temporary change in focus between forms (ie nested child forms )

The current method requires a bit of jumping through hoops, for example the 'Selection' Sample is a little difficult to follow.

The re-populating of forms with previous data without re-initialising may need another visit ( I haven't played with this for a while).

regards,
Kerry
Perfection is not optional.
My other home is TheSwamp

owenwengerd

Argh, my first reply got lost in the bit bucket.

This is a thorny problem with no one-size-fits-all solution. Closing and reopening the dialog box is the lowest common denominator that works in all cases, so I think it's a valuable sample in that respect. For now, I think the best course of action is to improve the sample. I did some work on the Selections sample for Alpha 3, but it and all the samples could be much better. Selections should at least eliminate the global flag and use the return value from (dcl_Form_Show) to determine whether to reshow the dialog.